Mavic Crossride freehub repair / replace

rckhpr29er

Afternoon hubbers,

About 2 years ago I purchased a set of Mavic Crossride MTB wheels from evobikes (see link below)

http://www.evobikes.co.za/wheels/wheelsets-mtb/mavic-crossride-disc-29-wheel-set.html

The wheels have been absolutely flawless, I have not had to true or even tighten a spoke since the purchase. Unfortunately, day 3 of a recent stage race took a heavy toll on the rear freehub and I now need to replace it. See the video below

So, my question to thebikehub hive mind is the best place to find a replacement freehub. I live in Lusaka Zambia and have ordered parts from RSA before but I want to make sure I get the right part and with Mavic you really do need to make sure you have the correct part. I found the following on CRC.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/zm/en/mavic-freehub-body-ftsl-m11/rp-prod33442

Will this do the trick? If not who do I contact in RSA for the correct freehub?

Many thanks,

Wesley

check first if you could get a warranty claim , and also the cassette in the link looks like a road freewheel and not mtb .....I could be wrong

Good luck

You really need to open that up before you start ordering parts.  It could be the bearing on the freehub that has collapsed or there may be damage to the part of the hub that supports the freehub itself. 

Agreed, you need to strip it to know what you are dealing with. Also verify that the part you are ordering looks exactly like the piece that looks broken. Save yourself a lot of frustration.