I want to buy a single speed retro road bike

pappadiv

I would like to buy a single speed retro road bike. Simple Sam looks well priced and I like the colours and stile. My Q would be quality. Hoping you can share if you have been exposed to the bike if a need to know of quality issues before I order myself one on the Web. Thanks for sharing....

You could also ask Glenzito.

He has some retro bikes, been around 30 years or so, so good quality. I think he's turned some of them into single speeds, give him a shout.

Also have a look at Woodstock Cycle Works and talk to Niels. He has a massive number of old frames as well as bikes in the shop. Some have been restored and made single speeds, ready to ride. If you don't see something you like, have them build you something special. The sky, and your imagination, is the limit . The cost will most likely be less than a new, off the shelf, one without character. I like the older steel frames and would pick that over a new mass produced retro looking one any day. Here's the link:

http://www.woodstockcycleworks.com/

You could also ask Glenzito.

He has some retro bikes, been around 30 years or so, so good quality. I think he's turned some of them into single speeds, give him a shout.

I couldn't find Glenns' shop the other day. Has he moved? 

I don't know, saw an advertisement from him a few days ago, so he must still be around.

Glenzito ...... where are you???????

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-H using Tapatalk

I couldn't find Glenns' shop the other day. Has he moved? 

He has moved premises but still around

Also have a look at Woodstock Cycle Works and talk to Niels. He has a massive number of old frames as well as bikes in the shop. Some have been restored and made single speeds, ready to ride. If you don't see something you like, have them build you something special. The sky, and your imagination, is the limit . The cost will most likely be less than a new, off the shelf, one without character. I like the older steel frames and would pick that over a new mass produced retro looking one any day. Here's the link:

http://www.woodstockcycleworks.com/

Havent been to the WCW shop yet, but have been on their website a few times. That Cotic Roadrat frame draws my attention everytime and its my size to.

Just need to finish my current SS roadbike/cyclocross build and then convince the wife somehow that I need a fifth bike.....

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk