Alibaba Alibaba Alibaba

Shane__bob

Hey Hubbers

So, I am looking in buy a pair of OEM wheels but I have had very little experience with bringing in such a product. My biggest worries are tax and not receiving my product. Has anyone bought from Alibaba before? or is there a safer and faster website? I dont feel like waiting 6+ months for a product either!

Thanks guys!

Buy from Alibaba/Aliexpress all the time.

Very easy really, just find a seller that has done many deals and has a good rating. And, one that you can talk to online and one that speaks Engrish deliciously.

Once purchased (shipping is usually free), they will almost always underdeclare the value of the parcel so that you pay less levies this side. A wheelset will probably run you about $450 or so, so they'll declare it as $100.

Shipping time... the delay, if there is one, is ALWAYS within SA. The parcel will leave China/wherever within 2-3 days at most. Once it hits SA, it can take 1-2 weeks, or 1-2 months. Usually, the whole process takes about 1 month. It has only happened to me once where my entire parcel went missing and only showed up after 3 months, completely unexpected.

I've never NOT received a parcel before.

Ive bought, gloves, cycling shirts, seeds and a carbon saddle.  Each time I have had no problems.  Waited from four to eight weeks.  Once I had to pay in a bit at the post office ( R30.00 if I remember right) I am not sure how things would go with large more costly items.......  Maybe pm Lexx.

You also need to ask yourself what will you do if something is wrong with the product?  It might be worth paying a bit more to have the back up from the lbs/agent that you buy the wheels from.  Plus you ride them this weekend and not wait so long :thumbup: