Site Updates: Classifieds listing process and Mobile Site

Matt

You may have already noticed that some site updates were released yesterday (Thursday, 16 June 2016). Here is a rundown of the updates:

1.  Classifieds: Listing Process usability and image handling
We’ve made various improvements to the advert listing process. Along with a general user interface update you will notice the following:

New category selector
The previous category selector was a single page dump of all available categories which was quite imposing for any user and resulted in a number of incorrectly categorised adverts. The new selector streamlines this process.

Screenshot 2016-06-17 07.48.47.png

Full mobile support

Previously it wasn’t possible to create an advert from the mobile site. Now you can create ads straight from your mobile device with all the same features you’ll find on the desktop version.

Screenshot 2016-06-17 07.52.42.png

Screenshot 2016-06-17 07.52.29.png

Improved image uploader
The new image uploader for desktop and mobile will automatically resize images for you and correctly rotate images taken on a mobile phone.

Screenshot 2016-06-17 07.50.45.png

2. Classifieds: Dealer Classifieds

A key change with this update is the introduction of listing fees for those using the Bike Hub classifieds for business or trading / reselling purposes. Listing fees vary by category and are clearly displayed when placing an advert as a Business / Trader user. As from 27 June 2016 the fees for applicable users will take effect. 

The use of classifieds for personal buying or selling remains free.

3. Classifieds: Profile defaults

When listing multiple ads it can be annoying to have to continually input common details like location and contact details. You can now save these details on your Classifieds profile to speed up advert creation.

Note: the next time to create a Classified advert you will be prompted to update your profile.

Screenshot 2016-06-17 07.51.09.png

4. Classifieds: Advert upgrade additions and pricing

We’ve introduced two new sticky advert options to complement the existing 7 day sticky advert: a 15 day and 30 day option. Along with this we’ve revised the pricing of all upgrade options with some increases (these hadn’t been updated since 2011).

5. Mobile site: Improved support for Classifieds functionality
Along with support for creating adverts you’ll also be able to manage your ads: edit, delete, deactivate (hide) or activate (show), upgrade or re-list your adverts.

6. Mobile site: General usability
A new mobile menu has been added with broader menu options and better alignment with the menu on the desktop site. To access the menu dropdown simply click on the menu icon on the right hand side:

Screenshot 2016-06-17 07.52.03.png

In addition to the menu we’ve cleaned up some of the mobile user interface to improve the experience.

Screenshot 2016-06-17 08.00.28.png

Having trouble?

As with any update it's quite possible there are a few kinks or compatibility issues based on the range of user software versions and configurations.

If you experience any issues please let us know here or via email on support@bikehub.co.za.

Please include as much detail as possible, e.g. detail of the issue, your device, operating system and web browser and a screenshot.

Loving it. Quite a bit of functionality added with easier navigations and the ability to get around to different sections of the web site.

:thumbup:

Loving it. Quite a bit of functionality added with easier navigations and the ability to get around to different sections of the web site.

:thumbup:

Yip, definitely an upgrade.

Well done, Matt & Team ????????????

Looks like the headings and province are missing (for me at least) on the classified listings

Looks like the headings and province are missing (for me at least) on the classified listings

This is caused by AdBlock. You'll need to whitelist bikehub.co.za to ensure it doesn't interfere with the display of Classified ads.