I am so confused with this country - Not Cycling

Saffa_G

Holy Roller' date=' I thought the same thing, breakfast in bed. But laws prevent you from shooting deer so close to your house or a road. The biggest danger on the roads in Indiana is not pedestrians or taxis but deer. They are not very clever.[/quote']

haha! go hoosiers! i see that state's opted for clinton as the presidential candidate!

Ha ha! I prefer reading Kurt Vonneguts interpretation of IndiannaBig%20smile

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done mate...... the reason they would not publish this is because it touces a nerve!! Remember that freedom of speech exists only in this country if you say the right things!!!

Remember further that "One settler one bullet" was deemed not a racist statement by the Human Rights Commission!! Try it the other way and lets see the mayhem!!Enough said!!
Delgado2008-05-07 00:35:55

Yes it is the million Zimbabwean dollar question. Should be go or stay? <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have been living abroad for four years. The first two years have not been easy. Extreme heats, no road manners,  I could not  practice my favourite hobby. Different culture, ways of working and for a family to adjust to a new life style. However, I was in SA in March. Also wanted to explore the Argus again. SA is a beautiful country, this is where my roots lie and I will never forget. But back here I again realised there are places in the world were at least I can sleep through without gunshots near my window. There is respect for life and other people?s personal belongings.

Life is all about decisions, nobody is always happy, but I have taken this decision and I am glad I have done it for the sake of my loved ones.   

I make no excusses for crime, it sickens me and has affected my friends and family deeply, however.

The vast majority of crime in this country is committed by black people, because the vast majority of people in this country are black, so that kind of stands to reason. Also the vast majority of black people are poverty stricken and still suffering the effects of some 350 years of oppression.

They were definitely oppressed. However, since 1994, has conditions for the majority of South Africa's residents improved at all? Nope. We are slowely moving towards becoming another central African country.

I think there are a lot of people who will tell you what to do with your life.

But the fact is,.... "its your life".

You can choose to be happy and joyous, purposefull and content no matter what the circumstances or where you are. 

Or you can choose to be miserable, jelous and envious of  what others may have or their standards or living enviroment.

Only you can choose to make the best of what you have and where you are, only you can make the choice between been happy and been miserable.

Been happy and content is not conditional on where you live or what you have, its a state of mind, you just have to aim for it. 

I make no excusses for crime' date=' it sickens me and has affected my friends and family deeply, however.

The vast majority of crime in this country is committed by black people, because the vast majority of people in this country are black, so that kind of stands to reason. Also the vast majority of black people are poverty stricken and still suffering the effects of some 350 years of oppression.
[/quote']

Foe, these are some hard things that are going to take a long time to get over. They can be overcome. But, all these worries would not be worries if we had some faith in the leadership of the country - and for me thats the grey line. I would be ok with the fuel and interest rates and all the other stuff if I had faith in the leadership of our country, but am just unsure. But like you have said, we will wait for another 5 years, go through another government and then decide from there.

I like popcorn with cheese flava pls !

Friends of ours went back to South Africa 2 weeks ago. Started setting up everything like internet and phone and so on while here in Taiwan. Lady said on the phone that she will call them back. Yea right - we thought!! SHE DID!! She called back all the way to Taiwan. When they got back in SA, everything was setup and ready to go!!  No problems at all!!

If you want to p!ss off, please do so and please do not call yourself a South African/Ex-South African/Ex-pat once you get to your new Utopia.

a friend went to Aus

2 days - adsl installed

10 minutes car registered in his name

clean parks with kids playing

Interview on Thursday - started work on Monday

...and we have the cheek to call Aussies arrogant!! ...and this whilst we are the Rainbow walk on water folk??

To get my British passport issued in SA: 5 working days from handing in the

form at the British consulate in Pretoria.

To get my SA passport  issued in SA after handing it in at the DoHA offices in

Pretoria: 4 months.

To get my firearm licenses after having handed in the applications 8 months ago: still

waiting.

To get my police clearance for my PDP: 3 months (was 5 working days 8 years ago).

To get my leased line installed by Telkom: 4 months.

It's easier to buy your passport and drivers license, steal a gun and tap into your

neighbour's WiFI point...

who read the beeld this morning? seems crooks nicked R30000 worth of aluminium from mbeki's pozzie in pta!

a friend went to Aus

2 days - adsl installed

10 minutes car registered in his name

clean parks with kids playing

Interview on Thursday - started work on Monday
...and we have the cheek to call Aussies arrogant!! ...and this whilst we are the Rainbow walk on water folk??

To get my British passport issued in SA: 5 working days from handing in the
form at the British consulate in Pretoria.
To get my SA passport  issued in SA after handing it in at the DoHA offices in
Pretoria: 4 months.
To get my firearm licenses after having handed in the applications 8 months ago: still
waiting.
To get my police clearance for my PDP: 3 months (was 5 working days 8 years ago).
To get my leased line installed by Telkom: 4 months.

It's easier to buy your passport and drivers license' date=' steal a gun and tap into your
[/quote']

bit of a numbers game if you ask me ..

It's easier to buy your passport and drivers license' date=' steal a gun and tap into your

[/quote']

I was considering that, where exactly does one go to buy these?

who read the beeld this morning? seems crooks nicked R30000 worth of aluminium from mbeki's pozzie in pta!

What a co-incidence... I had around R1,000,000.00's worth of aluminium drive past me this morning....

http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/A/audi/r8/03-large/07-r8-rt-s-s.jpg

Mbeki is much like a bicycle wtih one wheel.....USELESS ... but it could be worse, some of our politicans are like bicycles with no wheels .....