First Ride: Giant Full-E+ 1 and Dirt-E+ 1

Iwan Kemp

Oooh, edgy. Is that where all the hardebaard manne hang out?

You BFF's with WAKIdesigns?

No idea. I'm not a member. I just go there for the content.  Hub for kakpraat. Vital for Raw edits.

• 1 year later...

Great bike for somebody who would normally not cycle. Have ridden one and won't mind one myself. Motor doesn't make any sound.

• 9 months later...

Read the story about my Giant Full-E 0

“Maybe its you”, your weight I was told by the Giant Bicycles South Africa Agent Michael, Gert and Andrew of (Dragon Sport) in a meeting of arrogance and no compromise blaming the consumer for faults to their bike that I don’t believe has been tested fully and to tell me that I might be to fat for the bike, surely its my fault that in the last 1500km 3months that I have broken the following:-

• Chain Ring
• Bolts lost on the crank
• New Motor (Apparently Seized due to mud)
• Bike returned without Chain
• 4 LCD Screens Replaced Due to Water
• 4 Cassettes (Shimano-MTB SA Each lasting about 300Km)
• Fox 34 Factory Fork Cracked
• Rear Hub Bearings
• Headset Bearings

This has all to do with my weight and is entirely my fault, I wash my bike after every ride and I look after my bike but never have I had issues like this before and yes Dragons Blames me.

My Giant EBike (Giant Durbanville) also has a 32km/h limit sticker but only goes 25km/h they refuse to correct this I was simply told it’s a mistake.

If no one has gathered this is my Giant Ebike (Giant Cape Town) that is designed to “TAKE YOUR TRAIL RIDING TO NEW HEIGHTS. THE FULL-E+ Pro GIVES YOU THE POWER TO CLIMB HIGHER AND RIDE ALL DAY” let me tell you a little about riding all day my bike has 5 ride settings but I use ECO and POWER the most, my bike tells me that on ECO I should get 144km I get 42km, on POWER I should get 68km I get 20km “it must be your weight!!!”

I weight 106kg the limit of the bike is 150kg

I was also told in the meeting this morning that I should maybe ride another brand, I think every person that is considering buying a Giant should try another brand.

There has been a shining light through this whole process Giant Cape Town has been stars (Lee, Tom and all the boys) you guys are great. (Giant Cape Town)

I have been up and down with this bike about 15 times to Cape town and back, taken time trying to resolve my issues on the back of an independent store (Giant Cape Town) with no assistance from the arrogant Distributor (Dragon Sport)

So if you are overweight fat, lazy, or just want to use your bike everyday avoid Dragons and go and buy a Trek Bicycle, Specialized Bicycles or any brand that these guys are not involved in YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!

I have had nothing but excellent service from Gert at Dragon Sports.

So thanks for feedback but Ill wait for them to reply.

Not saying you didnt have an issue with them.

Just saying I had a different experience and I would like to hear their side. 

Edited by rorydewet