tyre pressure vs rim pressure

Tandemonium 2

Yep !!

But I prefer Dalton's Law

Some very interesting info here

http://sheldonbrown.com/tires.html

Still one of my favourites and all time "go to" sites

Hier kan jy nie stry nie!!

Dalton's law on partitial pressures could be used with air situations although it is intended for gas mixtures that do not have a gas constant. Since air is a known mixture and the ratio of oxygen to nitrogen and argon does not vary significantly within the livable band of the atmosphere, Boyles law works just fine. But using dalton does sound more impressive ;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dalton's law on partitial pressures could be used with air situations although it is intended for gas mixtures that do not have a gas constant. Since air is a known mixture and the ratio of oxygen to nitrogen and argon does not vary significantly within the livable band of the atmosphere, Boyles law works just fine. But using dalton does sound more impressive ;)

But unless we assume that the air and the tyre are moving at the same relative speed, we should be applying Bernoulli as well! which will mean that tyre pressure will change under braking! oh no, we've been pumping our tyres wrong all this time!  :cursing: