Ironman 70.3 East London 2017

fanievb

With 70.3 DBN being done and dusted, who's heading down for the tenth edition of 70.3 East London on Jan 2017?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With 70.3 DBN being done and dusted, who's heading down for the tenth edition of 70.3 East London on Jan 2017?

Im 99% sure I will be lining up for that one.

Will be there... glutton for punishment ;)

We giving EL a skip for a few years ......... We are moving overseas in the next few weeks.

Anyone here done any 70.3 events in Europe that we need to be training for???

We giving EL a skip for a few years ......... We are moving overseas in the next few weeks.

Anyone here done any 70.3 events in Europe that we need to be training for???

Austria comes highly recommended by a few mates of mine whose done it in the past

Seriously considering.  Am I being stupid?

You done one so you know you want to do another ;)

EL for me is harder due to the course having a lot more ascent for both the cycle and the run, however I find it much more rewarding and somehow less demanding on my body than Durbs!

Hello everyone

Getting into the tri thing and will be doing my first 70.3 in EL...

Just wanted to know when to enter, is it safe to wait just before the early bird entries close or would they normally sell out.

Reason for me waiting is that the wife and I are both going to enter and thus we would just like to wait and see if she will be ready for the event. I will be fine, being a cyclist for a long time, but not sure about her yet

Hope to see you all there

Any tips or hints I should be aware of?

Thanks

when I can touch my toes again I'll consider it - the run for me was tough at dbn

Dbn last year was my first and that flat run us brutal. I'll take John Bailey over that beachfront run any day

Hello everyone

Getting into the tri thing and will be doing my first 70.3 in EL...

Just wanted to know when to enter, is it safe to wait just before the early bird entries close or would they normally sell out.

Reason for me waiting is that the wife and I are both going to enter and thus we would just like to wait and see if she will be ready for the event. I will be fine, being a cyclist for a long time, but not sure about her yet

Hope to see you all there

Any tips or hints I should be aware of?

Thanks

In my opinion it's better to enter than wait. Usually after Dbn/PE the entries start flying.

And if you enter know you have the added motivation to train.

Tips: from a non runner like me is run run run run.

when I can touch my toes again I'll consider it - the run for me was tough at dbn

Couldn't agree more with fanievb, I find this flat run much harder than hills and am by no way a runner and am not a fan of hills, but would much rather run a hilly course than the Durban flat run

@Cycling Major... 70.3's generally sell out fairly quickly and EL is the 10th this year, so a lot may just do it for that.