Base Layer

So Is Es

Hello guys,

Bought this for the JHB winter mornings...I normally cycle in the Cradle between 7 to 11. Temps seem to remain single digit until around 10ish. 

Anyone recommends it?

Fit seem quite snug.

Rgds

I recently bought this first ascent base layer for R399...sublime piece of kit. It works brilliantly, keeps you warm when cold and cool when warm.

Its a tight fit, like compression, and hugs your arm pits and for me i hate tight fitting clothing but after a few minutes riding it just works and you don't even notice it wrapping around you like a chappies wrapper
attachicon.giftmp_7504-derma-tech-long-sleeve-charcoal-FA948s-776580677.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As mentioned before: Newspaper is great, after a 70km ride or so you can read the classifieds off your chest but it works a charm to keep the wind out  :thumbup:

Hello guys,

Bought this for the JHB winter mornings...I normally cycle in the Cradle between 7 to 11. Temps seem to remain single digit until around 10ish. 

Anyone recommends it?

Fit seem quite snug.

Rgds

I find a combination of thermal sleeves, a vest, jacket (5-12 degree C type) and a newspaper work better than a long sleeve vest below the shirt and bibs. Easier to strip and place in shirt/jacket pockets if need be.

Hello guys,

Anyone recommends it?

Fit seem quite snug.

Rgds

I've got the long and short sleeve ones from Mr Price sports and I use them a lot in winter time.

I've got the long and short sleeve ones from Mr Price sports and I use them a lot in winter time.

Have to agree on the Mr Price ones, not bad at all for the price, don't see the need to lay out heaps of cash for name brands in this regard

I don't have enough 'watts' for that mate [emoji19]222f18b2a8aeab98c7ba21c4e38ace8c.jpg

Ja nee, Bennie, the windchill on those minus degrees

• 1 year later...

so i bought both a short sleeve and long sleeve base layer from Core Merino. Big shout out to them, i got my size selection wrong and the service from them was excellent, replacement arrived a few days later and all i needed to do was return the garment to the same courier, no extra cost.

Cant comment on longevity but i have already used the sleeveless baselayer multiple times and it is really nice. Just watch the sizing, especially if you are used to European cycling clothes sizing. As an example, the long sleeve i bought from them was medium and had to be returned for a small. I have a Rapha merino base layer that is a large and it is exactly the same size as the Core Merino small. 

A surplus of 700Kcal a day * 365 days has given me a nice layer of sub-cutaneous blubber that, like a walrus,  keeps me warm in all temperatures....

I just need a pair of gloves 

33 kg in a year???

A surplus of 700Kcal a day * 365 days has given me a nice layer of sub-cutaneous blubber that, like a walrus, keeps me warm in all temperatures....

I just need a pair of gloves