Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka name squad for Tour de France

News bot

Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka will return to the Tour de France after a successful premiere 12 months ago, setting another massive milestone for African cycling. Once again the team will take to the start of the La Grand Boucle with clear objectives. Steve Cummings’ stage win on Mandela Day, Daniel Teklehaimanot’s days in the Polka Dot jersey and a fifth place in the overall team classification were the key results last year and are the signposts for our African Team’s goals for the 2016 edition of the race.

Click here to view the article

this is not really news is it? no big exclusions. which 4 getting the chop?

Foreign team with a local sponsor.

DiData is actually owned by the japs now!

this is not really news is it? no big exclusions. which 4 getting the chop?

DiData is actually owned by the japs now!

Most important is that little flag that pops up on TV :) Nobody really cares where the money comes from in cycling :P #drugmoney #Stolenmoney #bloodmoney 

Really great squad.  I hope to goodness Tyler Farrar does not go. He seriously is poor.  It would have been awesome if we still had Louis, I can see a top 10 finish for him this year. 

You have to think Daniel, Serge and Steve guarantee their places based on last year.  They also all in good form. 

EBH has to go based on form.  Cav must have been promised the race which means Renshaw goes as well.  I am sure Bernie was made that promise as well. 

That leaves 2 spots left for the other 4 Africans.  I think Youcef misses out for sure and probably Natnael.  So it will be between the 2 van Rensburg's as Doug probably wants to take the SA winner to the Tour. 

Bring it! Can't wait to see little South African flags on the screen again.

Renshaw, Farrar, Van Rensburg will make a fine Cavendish delivery system.

Boassen Haagen and Cummings for the stage wins.

Teklemhainmantoanonmatoekmenanot for some spots.

Fine team.

it's a RSA registered cycling team and not a team that represents RSA. Thank goodness!

Thankfully

Lets hope Fikile doesnt get his grubby paws on this 

I think #razzmataz would actually enjoy going along to this one. live up the good life in the french summer for a bit?

I think #razzmataz would actually enjoy going along to this one. live up the good life in the french summer for a bit?

Would need a new jet for that. He will need an entourage because he can't actually do stuff and get around on his own - and no one would know how important he is :ph34r: