Hi Everyone

I am a new cyclist to Cape Town and the Southern Suburbs. I moved down here from JHB and am wanting to pick up some riding/racing again.

I have had a bit of a lay off from riding, last event was the 2015 Double Century which I completed on a tandem in one of the tandem teams.

I would like to find out if there is anyone looking for a riding buddy? 

Please contact me if you have any options to offer.

I think a better option for you might be to start with a riding group and take it from there.  The thing about tandem riding is that the two partners needs to be compatible to each other, in other words if you are friends and you don't have personality clashes it will work out better.  No fun in racing tandem when you have differences or fight all the time.

What happened to your DC partner?

• 4 weeks later...

I think a better option for you might be to start with a riding group and take it from there.  The thing about tandem riding is that the two partners needs to be compatible to each other, in other words if you are friends and you don't have personality clashes it will work out better.  No fun in racing tandem when you have differences or fight all the time.

What happened to your DC partner?

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I raced tandem for many years so I hear you.

I live in the southern suburbs and the team was from Worcester so logistically not really possible.

As I said, take your single bike and go ride with some groups and spread the word at coffee time, after the ride, that you have a tandem and you are looking for a stoker.