Scott announce all-new Spark and Scale bikes

News bot

Scott have announced an all-new Spark platform which will support three different bikes, Spark RC, Spark and Spark Plus. The Spark is a completely new bike and you don't need to look further than the suspension design to see that. The old top link design has being replaced with a spanking new single-pivot rocker link system. Scott have been aggressive with their implementation of new technologies on the Spark: boasting cutting edge carbon construction techniques, bringing the geometry up-to-date, the use of new standards like Boost and metric shocks, and even adapting the brake mounts for more flexible stays.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it not a little strange that a marathon bike not have space for two bottles within the frame like cannondale and Spez?

While doing a new design the may have thought to sneak it in.

Definitely strange...

sexy machines. but I enjoyed this little snippet.

‘’In today's market it's getting easier for anyone to go to Asia and release a mediocre carbon hardtail frame and call it good. That`s where we are different. Focussing passionately on every little detail, no matter how small the gain is re- ally sets us apart from everybody else, and puts the new Scale firmly ahead of the competition.

Dan Roberts - Scott Engineer

Ok, this throws a spanner in the works. Had my heart set on the Scalpel-Si Team, but think this is going to be better value for money.

Still chucking the fork and putting a lefty on.

Edit: Let me rather wait for official pricing before I make statements like that.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Edited by Krypt0n1te

3 bottle cage screws? 

would be handy if you can fit a Spez swat box there.

Is it not a little strange that a marathon bike not have space for two bottles within the frame like cannondale and Spez?

While doing a new design the may have thought to sneak it in.

No. No it's not.

This whole two water bottle obsession is just good o'l SA marathon obsession BS. The designers had XC courses and trail riding in mind; not gravel grinding XCM.

You also don't just "sneak" something in like that. It takes a lot of design work to fit two water bottles in the front triangle of a dual susser, oftentimes to the detriment of suspension design.

I've never been a Scott fan, but that Spark looks hella nice and exactly what a modern XC bike should be.