Scott announce all-new Spark and Scale bikes

News bot

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. Sure there is to be a 20% increase on the price tags for 2017 models...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the retail for the current Spark 900 RC?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

So they dropped their old suspension design for something that resembles GIANT Anthem and Trance.

....more BMC (Shitter to match ABS's credentials....#maybe)

Turn back shock around put giant sticker on it...

So they dropped their old suspension design for something that resembles GIANT Anthem and Trance.

nope and nope. Still a strict single pivot design. Giant and others like it are a DW link design, which means there's an extra linkage between the front and rear triangle. 

TOTALLY different design altogether. 

Those with the Giant quibs. Which model exactly cause I fail to see the resemblance other than the obvious that both are bicycles and therefor come with parts that are associaited with bicycles. 

Here is the new Scott

ccs-62657-0-36790200-1466681423.jpg

Here is a Giant Anthem

Anthem-Advanced-275-1-Yellow-Black.jpg

Is the default that everything with a shock mounted to the toptube is a Spez copy and the rest a Giant rip off?

Differences I can tell by a quick glance:

- Kink in top tube

- Position of bottom shock mount

- Rear strut vs none

- Higher pivot placement

- Smaller rocker

- 3 bolts where waterbottle go for possible "SWAT" type vibe (rip off!!!)

- Meatier rear chainstay on Scott

- Cable routing

- Dedicated 1x

- Different rear brake mount

And then you can go into the detail like completely different geo's, completely different suspension designs, Scott's use of new metric shocks, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Other than that...

Those with the Giant quibs. Which model exactly cause I fail to see the resemblance other than the obvious that both are bicycles and therefor come with parts that are associaited with bicycles. 

Here is the new Scott

Other than that...

Hey, at least they don't #looklikeasession

Is it not a little strange that a marathon bike not have space for two bottles within the frame like cannondale and Spez?

While doing a new design the may have thought to sneak it in.

The two models you mentioned have the horizontal shock set up which has been dropped by many manufacturers. While the vertical shock uses the space a 2nd water bottle cage would occupy, it does end up with longer service intervals which is very appealing for riders doing longer mileage. For those of us not using dropper posts, we use a seatpost mounted bottle cage for longer rides.

Not a big Scott fan, but keep coming back to look at the bike!

Perhaps they could fit a second waterbottle like Pyga Stage.

Except for the second waterbottle, cant think of any other detail the frame shorts.

Regarding the single bottle cage mount, a slight inconvenience for the average SA rider, but Scott don't exactly aim their bikes at the marathon market.

They have Nino Schurter as their poster boy, so I'm drawing the conclusion that their bike is intended for XCO type riding and therefore a single bottle mount is sufficient.

Regarding the suspension that "looks like a Giant", Google will show you that there are quite a few different suspension designs and all bikes that have vertically mounted shocks are not coppies of a Giant.

Personally I am looking forward to this change in suspension design. The current Scott Spark suspension design is known for suffering from pedal bob, hence their lockout system that "turns it into a hardtail".This new suspension design should supposedly rule out the pedal bob.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk