Would you fit 140mm on an 650b Intense Tracer 2?

T-Bob

So I've managed to get hold of a 650b Intense Tracer 2 and am looking at fork options. Most Intense's are spec'd with a 150s or 160s which give a head angle of 68 and 67 respectively.  

Obviously everyone wants a pike but I don't want to throw R20K at the fork and there isn't much about 2nd hand in the 150+ realm. There is though a couple of deals out there on new 140mm Rockshox sektors. While not the top of may peoples list it's a solid fork built on most of the Revelation hardware and will do as a stop gap until something longer comes up (but that could be a bit).

Just wondering how much it will effect the angles and ride with a shorter fork that will steepen it it up a bit and if it's going to go well or dilute the frame design? 

I know of a few good second hand pikes and Fox 34s under R10K, I think the 140mm will not do the bike justice personally.

Build it the way it was meant to be.

Let me know some names! ;)

The other options were via CRC with a 34 Talas (2014) 150, Manitou Mattoc Expert 160 or a Marzocchi 350 R with 160 on the legs. 

Have you considered looking at the x fusion sweep? 160mm fork that's internally adjustable and seems to get solid reviews as a more affordable option than the Pike. Unsure of local availability and haven't ever ridden one but figure it may be worth considering...

Have you considered looking at the x fusion sweep? 160mm fork that's internally adjustable and seems to get solid reviews as a more affordable option than the Pike. Unsure of local availability and haven't ever ridden one but figure it may be worth considering...

Don't know much about them but will have a look views seem pretty good as well. 

How about a Rockshox Yari 160mm, should be about R 7500 from bike24.de (does not include shipping & tax though)

I have the 29er Tracer 2, 160mm is the ideal travel for the frame.

It's 14% import tax AFAIK. Then you need to add in the handling fee and shipping for total landed cost

Thanks, never know what attracts duty and VAT what doesn't.