Margate KZN MTB Trail / Course (Douglas Mitchell Sports Ground)

Greetings!

Any one who finds themselves on holiday in Margate should come check out our little MTB trail / course at the Douglas Mitchell Sports Grounds in Uvongo. The entrance is near the bottom corner of he main sports field, just behind the cricket nets.

It is an existing course which had become over grown due to failed municipal logging in the area. With the hard work and dedication from a few locals it has been cleared to the point where it is open and rideable again. It is still very much a work in progress but we are progressing nicely. We aim to continue clearing and add to the trail, build some jumps and re-pack berms etc.

The trail is fairly short at the moment (1.5km) but it has a few awesome rock gardens, drop offs etc.

Trust me a few laps and you will be feeling it!

The course is open and free to all so the more tires on the ground the better!

There is always a reason to bring the bike!

We actually have some awesome trails in the area, such as clear water in Port Edward, Lake Eland in Oribi gorge, the Burry Stander bike Park in Umtentweni and Rocky Bay in Scottbrough to name a few.

Dura Cycles who are based in Uvongo also do club rides at 6:30 every Saturday Morning. They have a super social, social and a faster more technical ride. They cater for everyone.