Giant unveils all-new TCR Disc and Contend road bikes

News bot

Giant is introducing its TCR Disc range of road bikes, a modern blend of legendary road-riding performance with the added control of integrated disc brakes.

Giant have also launched the all-new Contend series of road bikes aimed at aspiring riders who seek the performance and ride quality of competition-level road bikes, combined with a smooth, confident ride quality at a high value.

Click here to view the article

Also great value at $8250 in the US (see Giant's website); similarly specced bikes go for over 10K there. Should come in below 120K here. Still lotto money for me though.

I think they missed the boat with tyre clearance on the Contend, should have had some options for up to 32c 

Thru axles?... nothing like complicating things, makes life difficult swapping wheels between bikes .. else a complete upgrade of wheels to go with the new bike!!

All of a sudden disc brakes on a road bike are starting to look common. So much so that old style rim brakes look odd.. Kinda like the new Hilux