Pure Savage

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2007, my 2010 one has electric assisted steering.

That's a factory fault - my parents had the same problem and after much fighting HondaSA admitted there was an issue with those pipes. That was after Honda Menlyn replaced the pipe and then forgot to tighten it, so it lost all the oil again.  When my mom told them after the repair she could smell oil they told her it was from the car being cleaned.....

Anyone got any intel on Honda Jazz?

Looking at buying a Jazz for an elderly relative, probably the auto version. Something about 4-5 years old with under 100k km.

Anything I should be aware of, specific to this make and model?

That's a factory fault - my parents had the same problem and after much fighting HondaSA admitted there was an issue with those pipes. That was after Honda Menlyn replaced the pipe and then forgot to tighten it, so it lost all the oil again. When my mom told them after the repair she could smell oil they told her it was from the car being cleaned.....

Was it the 2.4 version?? There was a massive recall in the states of the eco friendly V6.

Same fault as this, my parents accord same year also has the same leaking part.

Will fire some mails off. Thank you for the heads up, asked at the dealership and you can guess the response I got...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone got any intel on Honda Jazz?

Looking at buying a Jazz for an elderly relative, probably the auto version. Something about 4-5 years old with under 100k km.

Anything I should be aware of, specific to this make and model?

The older shapes are better, the new ones are made in Thailand and not Japan. 

The CVT can give issues after 150k KM..  

Other than that solid cars! 

Jazz... The perfect old people car(in a good way...) my grandpa used to drive one, never really had any problems with it

It really is... 

My mom has had two, the one she has now has the greatest feeling 5 speed of any car i've ever driven! 

It really is... 

My mom has had two, the one she has now has the greatest feeling 5 speed of any car i've ever driven!

CVT?

For some unknown reason they put paddle shifters on the CVT... About the only interesting thing about the car I could find...

Very practical though, and while the transmission isn't great for speed, it certainly is for fuel consumption...

CVT?

For some unknown reason they put paddle shifters on the CVT... About the only interesting thing about the car I could find...

Very practical though, and while the transmission isn't great for speed, it certainly is for fuel consumption...

No hers is the manual.. I have test driven the CVT, kinda fun with the paddles lol

Would anyone know anything about Renault, and how long would an average Renault vehicle last if I kept it regularly serviced?

Would anyone know anything about Renault, and how long would an average Renault vehicle last if I kept it regularly serviced?

Would you like the answer in days for weeks?

CVT?

What does the paddle shifter do? If its a CVT there are no gears to change :/ 

If you never drive it and service it twice a year it should last about 10 years......

If you drive it around the block once a year, then you should be good for 18 months....

My wife had a Gen2 Clio. It was economical and cheaper to maintain than my corsa bakkie at the time. 

The hazards button stopped working and we couldn't fix it without stripping the whole dash. other than that it was a pretty normal car to work on and parts were not that expensive. 

Just don't buy it new. Let someone else take the resale knock first.

When we wanted to upgrade the trade in amount was peanuts and when someone bumped into her from behind it was written off without the insurer even batting an eye. The laaitie actually did us a favour.

What does the paddle shifter do? If its a CVT there are no gears to change :/ 

It lets you change gears manually. VW has a similar thing with their DSG where you push the lever to the left and going Tiptronic...