Giant introduce new Anthem, Trance, XtC and Fathom mountain bikes

News bot

Giant, the world leader in cycling technology, has introduced a new lineup of its award-winning, Maestro Suspension-equipped Anthem and Trance off-road bikes. Developed and tested with pro riders from the Giant Factory Off-Road Team, both platforms feature new geometry, lighter frame weights, and key updates to their suspension systems.

The 2017 XtC Advanced +/29 range and the Fathom range feature a number of cutting-edge innovations to improve the XC and trail riding experience for a variety of riders and almost any off-road adventure.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a Giant fan, but those are some exciting looking steeds.

It's a shame the press release didn't have geo charts for the bikes.

AWESOME!!! Wonder if the reign will get a new rocker link as well. Hope it's applicable to the current gen, just in case I want a #metric shock in the future...

And I was right... longer top tube and reach numbers, composite rocker & shorter chainstays...  Better all round! 

Those new rims look pretty cool as well... Want more info there. ETRTO measurements would be great, to see if it's 33mm internal or external... 

Some serious lookers in the Anthem and Trance ranges. Think the market is splitting in 120mm and 150mm brackets

Giant nailed it with the trance x 29er 3 years ago. Scott and rocky mountain's new bikes have the trance x 29er geometry.

Giant is missing the boat when they discarded 29ers to find the best of both. both? 26er no longer exist, so basically, 27.5 is between nothing.

Even Nino is changing his views

Giant nailed it with the trance x 29er 3 years ago. Scott and rocky mountain's new bikes have the trance x 29er geometry.

Giant is missing the boat when they discarded 29ers to find the best of both. both? 26er no longer exist, so basically, 27.5 is between nothing.

Even Nino is changing his views

Nino is only "changing his views" on a course that warrants it.

Trance looks great, but I am biased. But I see the Trance BB is now 5 mm lower than before. As it is I get too many pedal strikes on my 2015 Trance. So I am not too sure how much longer this trend can continue before we all have to move to hamster length crank arms to compensate. Or we just stop pedaling entirely and use their E-bikes instead?