Giant introduce new Anthem, Trance, XtC and Fathom mountain bikes

News bot

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trance looks great, but I am biased. But I see the Trance BB is now 5 mm lower than before. As it is I get too many pedal strikes on my 2015 Trance. So I am not too sure how much longer this trend can continue before we all have to move to hamster length crank arms to compensate. Or we just stop pedaling entirely and use their E-bikes instead?

I think you are exaggerating how little 5 mm is... Don't want to know how you measure 5 inches..

Some serious lookers in the Anthem and Trance ranges. Think the market is splitting in 120mm and 150mm brackets

There's a gap in their line-up now for an all out balls-to-the-wall XCO racer. Maybe a 29er even...

Bikehub AGAIN 1st in world with new bike news? What's happening here?

Bike Hub FTW!

No Anthem 29er??

I cant find mention of a 29'er Anthem in any of the articles I have seen so far.

That is strange!

Can anyone confirm?

Edit:

I found this:

So, why switch exclusively to 27.5″ wheels and grow the suspension? Giant’s calling it “XC Amplified”, but the numbers (and the SX models) suggest it’s becoming a middle ground play bike that’s great for anyone that just rides for fun and might do a race once in a while. Also suggesting this is that there’s no longer an “SL” model, and word from our man in Europe that there’s an all-new 29er full suspension race bike coming later this year. Now it’s all making sense…

http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/06/30/2017-giant-anthem-gains-travel-shrinks-wheels-updated-trance-xtc-and-fathom-mountain-bikes/

Edited by splat

Where's that Scott Spark New Bike line up again, can someone post a pic of the Anthem next to the Spark?

And with the Randela doing a quicker dive than a Brexit, I suppose these "ysters" will be kwaai expensive... :ph34r:

The Rand has been steadily improving since the Brexit scare... I'm hoping for better than expected pricing in a couple of months, when the first 2017s land here.

Giant nailed it with the trance x 29er 3 years ago. Scott and rocky mountain's new bikes have the trance x 29er geometry.

Giant is missing the boat when they discarded 29ers to find the best of both. both? 26er no longer exist, so basically, 27.5 is between nothing.

Even Nino is changing his views

I wouldn't say that Giant nailed it with the Trance X, but they were heading in the right direction. I the 69.5° HA was a bit steep for my liking. I would be amped if Giant brought back a 120-130mm 29er.

Nino is only "changing his views" on a course that warrants it.

Are you suggesting Nino is still going to ride a 27.5 on certain tracks? From what I have read it doesn't sound like it. Now that he can slam his bars into an agressive enough position on a 29er, his 'views have changed'.

Are you suggesting Nino is still going to ride a 27.5 on certain tracks? From what I have read it doesn't sound like it. Now that he can slam his bars into an agressive enough position on a 29er, his 'views have changed'.

Yes, I am. Whether he uses the niner for everything remains to be seen. He hasn't said anything about moving to the niner platform for everything, and given that the RC line is available in both wheelsizes, and he now rides the niner as well, it makes sense that he would ride the one that suits the course best. 

He even said that he would ride the niner for World Champs cos the course is more smooth and flowy than others. 

Saying that, if he does only use a niner it would go a long way to proving that the drawbacks of the platform (in his circumstances - higher stack heights etc) can be overcome by using clever geometry and fittings, enough even to satisfy him - one of the most particular about his setup. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Yes, I am. Whether he uses the niner for everything remains to be seen. He hasn't said anything about moving to the niner platform for everything, and given that the RC line is available in both wheelsizes, and he now rides the niner as well, it makes sense that he would ride the one that suits the course best. 

He even said that he would ride the niner for World Champs cos the course is more smooth and flowy than others. 

Saying that, if he does only use a niner it would go a long way to proving that the drawbacks of the platform (in his circumstances - higher stack heights etc) can be overcome by using clever geometry loads of skill and fittings, enough even to satisfy him - one of the most particular about his setup.