iMfolozi: A race that is about much More than Yourself

News bot

Best race of the year! Doing my sixth this year and brother in law is I think the only guy to do all of them!! Great vibe during, before and after the race. And it is definitely not a race! Put it on your calendars! You will see our crowd with the bright hockey sox!!

Those pics are definitely not from last year.. It was a mudfest! Will see you guys there, doing my 2nd Imfolozi race

Best race of the year! Doing my sixth this year and brother in law is I think the only guy to do all of them!! Great vibe during, before and after the race. And it is definitely not a race! Put it on your calendars! You will see our crowd with the bright hockey sox!!

I was keen to do it but have become soft and not keen on doing technical races.  Is this quite technical with rock gardens, switchbacks and river crossings? 

Not technical, all on the service roads that parks board uses. The only time of the year that the public can be in that section of the park, never mind on bikes, also normally no camping available besides this race. Some tough hills and descents but all very maneagable, I wouldn't call it technical. And as I said before it's definitely not a race, winner hardly gets a mention at prize giving. Relaxed ride and hopefully see some animals, it is a big 5 game reserve after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not technical, all on the service roads that parks board uses. The only time of the year that the public can be in that section of the park, never mind on bikes, also normally no camping available besides this race. Some tough hills and descents but all very maneagable, I wouldn't call it technical. And as I said before it's definitely not a race, winner hardly gets a mention at prize giving. Relaxed ride and hopefully see some animals, it is a big 5 game reserve after all.

Thanks for the feedback.  You think one can show up on race day and ride or have to stay over the night?

No need to stay overnight, but there is a lekker atmosphere and it adds to the experience I.m.o.

• 4 weeks later...

Was a very lekker race this year! Weather was just perfect this time around. Didn't see much game myself, but I hear other riders saw rhino, ellies, wild dogs etc...