Need a good repair stand

Lars Liedberg

Hi,

I've just bought myself a Cannondale Rush 2 and I need to start maintaining it. Where can I get a good quality solid repair stand? I saw one one CWC (http://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/cwc-bicycle-repair-stand) but its so much cheaper than the other ones I've seen online I have to wonder why - is it a build quality thing, ie. is this perhaps a flimsy stand? Obviously one would want something solid.

I'd definitely go for a second hand one too, does this forum double as the classifieds for this kind of thing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Lars

PS. Just attached a pic of my baby cos she's hot.

post-70194-0-79113800-1467704953_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I've just bought myself a Cannondale Rush 2 and I need to start maintaining it. Where can I get a good quality solid repair stand? I saw one one CWC (http://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/cwc-bicycle-repair-stand) but its so much cheaper than the other ones I've seen online I have to wonder why - is it a build quality thing, ie. is this perhaps a flimsy stand? Obviously one would want something solid.

I'd definitely go for a second hand one too, does this forum double as the classifieds for this kind of thing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Lars

PS. Just attached a pic of my baby cos she's hot.

...and dirty...

I was in your shoes a while ago and opted to save money and bought that exact repair stand from CWC  I have been very happy with it in fact I would say it has already paid for itself with the amount I have used it so don't be put off buy the price tag - if I could afford a park tool one I would have bought it but happy with my current purchase.

Parktool PCS-10 FTW! Built like a tank and very easy to work with. I saw one on the classifieds the other day for a steal. Came with a bag too.

Longevity costs money.... Parktool for the win

I would love a parktool one, but the CWC stand works fine for most things. Biggest hassle with it is that it will twist when you put a decent amount of pressure tightening or loosening something.

My Cwc cheapie stand seems to be holding up well. Actually prefer the rubber clamp hands to that of the park tool stand as the rubber is softer. The stands clamp also has enough flex to support irregular shaped bike tubing which has been rather useful.

What I don't like is that the stand has 4 feet which is annoying and it the metal used is of a very cheap quality.

The stand for home use is perfect you'll never need the longevity of a park tool stand if your working on a bike once a week.