GPS bike computers. Which one?

Reden

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lowest price I could find was R4899 for the 500's bundle.

At R3699 it is a steal. R135 for shipping via Aramex 24H.

Just bough it from them.

Great price.

Great buy. You won't be disappointed. I have had the Edge 500, Edge 510 and Edge 520 as well as Foreunner 15 and Fenix 3. Never been let down by any one of them.

Also been through 3 Polar products. Was disappointed by all of them - especially given the price.

At this price for the bundle it works out cheaper than edge 25

They have those for a good price as well!

this is why i am considered the 25 until i can get a 520...it is small enough to use as in the video...and i dont have to carry my phone

Since Polar nailed us with older computers I'm in the upgrade zone.

Quick comparisons. Prices are just what I found or heard of and not necessary the lowest.

Polar M450 GPS R2595 (R3595) +R1800 for sensors.

Garmin Edge GPS 520 R7400. Sensors incl. Ant +

Sigma Rox 10.0 GPS R3250. Sensors incl. Ant +

Bryton???

I'm keen on the Sigma. The Small size would suit me for the MTB.

I fit it on the stem for protection. The large Garmin might not fit there.

Any other advice?

Garmin 520. Autostyle in Mayfair. Best price nationwide. 

Since Polar nailed us with older computers I'm in the upgrade zone.

After using polar products for the past 10 years, as per your statement - Polar would not be on my list.

Christian please do a side by side comparison between this unit and the 520...I have not bought any garmin products yet...so I would like you to tell why I would want to break my piggy bank open to buy this product over the edge 25 and 520 combo.

Just to fill you in about my future plans which might help you with the comparison pros and cons

I have a giant indoor trainer in use with my hybrid...which I hope upgrade to a cyclops or wahoo in the future.

A mountain bike which I use for weekend fun rides and 40 km classics

An old trek I use to ride as much as I can because I can't afford to maintain the working parts on the Merida.

A Merida which I use as little as possible...when the trek is not fully functional...it is a expensive pretty ornament on my office wall.

Because I live in a very hilly area...I want to warm up on the indoor trainer...then go out on the road and climb hills for an hour.

I also plan to start walking/running around the hood...to help loose weight

I do social rides on the weekend 60-80 km on the road and 20-40 km off road.

And yes I am a stravaholic...it helps me to monitor my progress...ever ride is logged with the bike name...so I can see when it is time to service the bike and monitor total mileage...but most important I can see if there is an improvement from when I started riding

Hopefully this info will assist.

i contacted buycycle.co.za a couple weeks ago...asked many many questions and i must say...what a pleasure dealing with these people...i contacted garmin today to ask the same questions...durban number nobody answered the phone at 9 am...tried twice...then contacted their technical support...i am going to reserve my comment even though it is friday.

Wish garmin would sell just head units and not have to buy the bundle!!... my Edge 500 is slowly on its last legs after many years of use and would just like to replace the head unit as have all all the other bundle stuff from original, with my fenix 3 and additions bought over time for various bikes.

Archived