The U – MTB Stage Race @ Piket-Bo-Berg Trails

News bot

Driving past Piketberg on your way to some other adventure will never be the same after you’ve experienced our single-track sanctuary on Piket-bo-berg. The mountain biking bug bit our community seven years ago when we ambitiously wanted to get on the ‘band wagon’ with hosting a MTB fundraising event. Our first focus was to raise funds for our local community by showcasing our Bo-Berg environment that features some pristine fynbos.

Click here to view the article

Does anybody else think that R3 500 is a bit steep for Friday evening to Sunday afternoon (meals and accommodation included)?

Does anybody else think that R3 500 is a bit steep for Friday evening to Sunday afternoon (meals and accommodation included)?

No..

The 2 are incomparable.

The U will be raved about by everyone who goes there. It is not cheap, but then nothing this good ever will be...

Hi Dirty Dan, I worked really hard on this reply so please read it :) 

thanks for your reply to our article. We value your feedback - we are new to this so we will take every comment on board. 

It's super difficult to determine a price for a stage race since everyone has a different monetary value attached to their expectations of said stage race. Purely considering meals and accommodation then probably every stage race is over priced. 

Having said that our meals will look like this (breakfast will also be served every day) :

•       Jamaican themed BBQ

•       Jerk chicken, Sweet, sticky & spicy beef ribs

•       Vegetarian – Jerk seasoned grilled vegetables

•       Chilli & lime grilled corn, Rice & peas, Baked sweet potatoes with coriander butter

•       Tropical salad

•       Mediterranean Mixed Grill

•       Chicken shish kebabs, Minced beef kofte kebabs

•       Vegetarian – grilled vegetable & haloumi kebabs

•       Rice salad, Freshly grilled flatbreads, Tatziki & Hummus, Roasted tomato & red pepper salsa

•       Chopped Turkish salad, Homemade chilli sauce

•        Texas BBQ Pit & Smokehouse

•       Smoked beef brisket, Pulled pork shoulder, Smoked baby back ribs,

•       Vegetarian - baked aubergine, courgettes, peppers & onions with a smoked tomato dressing

•       Coleslaw, Cornbread, Potato salad, Green Goddess salad – spinach, lettuce, cabbage with a super nutritious green herb dressing & World famous blueberry BBQ sauce

•       Mexican Taqueria

•       Grilled tacos, Pork a la mojo – pork shoulder, cooked very slowly with orange, cumin & garlic, Ropa viejo –braised beef, so spicy and soft it shreds like ‘old rope’

•       Mexican red tomato rice, Cabbage & coriander slaw with lime-sesame dressing, Sour cream, Tomato & coriander salsa

•       Charred pineapple salsa

However, meals and accommodation are only two aspects of a stage race. The actual riding is surely as important as the meals and accommodation. The amount and quality of single track in this Stage Race is very difficult to convey in writing. Many have tried , like the articles mentioned in Renay and Craig's blog, together with FullSus and also regular columnist Shapiro of Bicycling. If you have read all that and still are not convinced then please PM me and i will try some more convincing over the phone! 

Rickus. 

Hi Dirty Dan, I worked really hard on this reply so please read it :)

thanks for your reply to our article. We value your feedback - we are new to this so we will take every comment on board. 

It's super difficult to determine a price for a stage race since everyone has a different monetary value attached to their expectations of said stage race. Purely considering meals and accommodation then probably every stage race is over priced. 

Having said that our meals will look like this (breakfast will also be served every day) :

•       Jamaican themed BBQ

•       Jerk chicken, Sweet, sticky & spicy beef ribs

•       Vegetarian – Jerk seasoned grilled vegetables

•       Chilli & lime grilled corn, Rice & peas, Baked sweet potatoes with coriander butter

•       Tropical salad

•       Mediterranean Mixed Grill

•       Chicken shish kebabs, Minced beef kofte kebabs

•       Vegetarian – grilled vegetable & haloumi kebabs

•       Rice salad, Freshly grilled flatbreads, Tatziki & Hummus, Roasted tomato & red pepper salsa

•       Chopped Turkish salad, Homemade chilli sauce

•        Texas BBQ Pit & Smokehouse

•       Smoked beef brisket, Pulled pork shoulder, Smoked baby back ribs,

•       Vegetarian - baked aubergine, courgettes, peppers & onions with a smoked tomato dressing

•       Coleslaw, Cornbread, Potato salad, Green Goddess salad – spinach, lettuce, cabbage with a super nutritious green herb dressing & World famous blueberry BBQ sauce

•       Mexican Taqueria

•       Grilled tacos, Pork a la mojo – pork shoulder, cooked very slowly with orange, cumin & garlic, Ropa viejo –braised beef, so spicy and soft it shreds like ‘old rope’

•       Mexican red tomato rice, Cabbage & coriander slaw with lime-sesame dressing, Sour cream, Tomato & coriander salsa

•       Charred pineapple salsa

However, meals and accommodation are only two aspects of a stage race. The actual riding is surely as important as the meals and accommodation. The amount and quality of single track in this Stage Race is very difficult to convey in writing. Many have tried , like the articles mentioned in Renay and Craig's blog, together with FullSus and also regular columnist Shapiro of Bicycling Ride. If you have read all that and still are not convinced then please PM me and i will try some more convincing over the phone! 

Rickus. 

There - fixed it for ya!

This mountain is a gem. If you have ridden there, you will pay the $$$ in a flash.

As with any event/product/service: if it feels too expensive for you, then don't do it. Easy. Just don't let the FOMO get to you when you see the pics later.