TokaiMTB Volunteer Build Day, 16 July 2016

(Deon)

So while we continue to plan a date around reopening, one thing is certain; the trails need you!

If you are keen to join helping restore our playground, please register to book your spot for a day in the sun (tbc) and fresh air (possibly very fresh). 

As usual, the tools for the job are spades, rakes, forks and gloves - and should the weather turn, we will make a decision before 8 and send a text confirming whether it's on or postponed. 

If you know anyone enthused about contributing, please forward the following indemnity link to them.. every contribution is greatly welcomed. http://eepurl.com/b9k5rP

To register:

Please complete all the fields on the following form accurately. The info you provide will be used on your indemnity allowing you access to the Tokai section of the reserve during the closure. You will be required to sign the printed form on the morning of the build before entering the park.

We will meet at the Tokai picnic entrance 15 minutes before the specified time where you will be allowed to park your car inside the picnic site at the new mountain bike allocated parking. 

You will be shuttled to and from the work site and if you need to leave early, a shuttle will be provided at the above stated time. For those who can only manage a portion of the build, please complete the form and select your time allocation from the list provided.

The first 20 registered volunteers, plus those arriving for the afternoon session, will be allocated a spot for the day. If you are not successful registering for this event, please try again for the next advertised build day.

Weather permitting, volunteer builds are set for the following dates:

• Saturday, 16 July, 2016
  • Saturday, 30 July, 2016
  • Saturday, 13 August, 2016
  • Saturday, 27 August, 2016
  • Saturday, 03 September, 2016
  • Saturday, 17 September, 2016
All build days will be advertised on the TokaiMTB websiteTwitterFacebook and on Bikehub.

Ok signed up. Are there still spots left?

I saw your confirmation.. Yup, 5 spots left now.

Subscribed to the list again but no confirmation as yet? Are these only sent out on Friday?

Subscribed to the list again but no confirmation as yet? Are these only sent out on Friday?

Dale?

Correct, the confirmation is sent out on Friday afternoon. I am looking at improving this temp system, had to throw it together quickly for the purpose but it will be better in the next few weeks. You should get your confirmation on registering - if all works as expected. :/

Thanks all. We have 16 for the build, some beer in the cooler and with that... registration is closed.

See you tomorrow!!

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a build happening this Sat 30th?

Yes, there is a build on the 30th. Will post  the link shortly.

I suspect there are now properly funded professional build teams on site.

Yep, Reto is on site and Shaun Havenga will be starting mid to late August.

Volunteer builds remain though. Clearing trail (according to the build spec) and just clearing the way for the builders to do what they need to do instead of just clearing shaite.