OUTSurance knocks cyclist

G-J

Always get insurance through a broker and have a good relationship with your broker! 

I had a incident with my car where something hit the underside of my car.  Took the car to a mechanic to have a quick look at the underside and we did not notice any damage.  It did in fact damage one of my engine mountings and after about 2 months one my engine mountings came loose because of that incident and caused some damage.  This is revered to consequential damage and not covered by insurance.  My broker spend a lot of time in convincing the insurance that, because I did have a look under my car and there were no obvious damage and could not have known that the engine mounting was damaged, they should honour the insurance claim.

Insurance paid out and saved me R20,000.  Would not have happened if my broker did not go above and beyond to help me in this claim.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sort of explains why he chose such a knob name for his development in GP.

Steyn City

A bit like Donald Duck, I mean Trump

Personally, i would avoid every single one of them

Never had issues with my claims at A&G and Budget.

Quote any insurance company and you'll have someone that is unhappy with the specific company.

Had more issues with Brokers where they had a claims mandate than dealing with the Insurers directly.

That said, I place my cover through independent brokers now, that way they only protect your interests and not their own too