2016 Vuelta a España

Bonus

I find his victory salute quite disturbing tbh.

Loved it and it was far better than El Dopo Contador's  3 finger salute at the Giro despite been stripped of a Giro title, now THAT was not only disturbing but down right arrogant. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've just watched highlights over here after avoiding results all afternoon! Great stage - the cruising speed of the peloton was painful to watch.

Last km was awesome!

In the post race interview with Froome he was apparently asked something about getting rid of power meters.

I missed this bit but he was quite cheesed off about the question/statement.

Anybody else seen this?

In the post race interview with Froome he was apparently asked something about getting rid of power meters.

I missed this bit but he was quite cheesed off about the question/statement.

Anybody else seen this?

Saw it....he dismissed it with a wry smile and question:

Why don't we go back to riding single speed....

Good point IMO

I find his victory salute quite disturbing tbh.

Why?

For me it's disturbing that he has that much control over his bike and body at that point of the race that he can still ride with no hands and celebrate.

People moan about him and say he is boring and then when he shows emotion they still find fault...

#justcannotwinhuh?

There was a definite gap between Froome and Quintana over the line, they should never have been given the same time. My 2 cents.

.I can't remember how much of a gap it was, but aren't they supposed to give time differences when it's a bike length or more

There was a definite gap between Froome and Quintana over the line, they should never have been given the same time. My 2 cents.

Also noted that gap and expected to see at least a sec diff. But ... assume the gap was probably a split sec and thus nullified. 

.I can't remember how much of a gap it was, but aren't they supposed to give time differences when it's a bike length or more

Don't think it comes to bike lengths. Actual seconds are taken. 

Timing issue made me rewind. Watched it a few times. Just under a sec on a "one thousand and one" count taken front wheel to front wheel.

Don't think it comes to bike lengths. Actual seconds are taken.

I am sure I read somewhere that if the gap is less than a bike length same time is given, if it is bigger than a bike lenght the actual time is given.... but I can't be sure on that.

Now where is Dale

Edited by Gen

Timing issue made me rewind. Watched it a few times. Just under a sec on a "one thousand and one" count taken front wheel to front wheel.

m

Fair enough, I'm probably just being biased ' cos I don't want monkey boy to win!

m

Fair enough, I'm probably just being biased ' cos I don't want monkey boy to win!

I'm not a NQ fan either, but "monkey boy"? Trackie that's just tackie.

I heard somewhere the commentators saying something about being in the same 'bunch sprint' to the line, is how riders are given same times..

Sometimes the bunch is so big, that the difference between the first and last rider is probably more than 2 or 3 seconds, yet are given the same time..

As far as the technicalities are concerned, I've no idea..

Maybe someone knows the exact ruling?

Or perhaps decision made by judges discretion, along similar lines as to how most combative riders are judged in TDF?

1 second here or there wont make a difference to Froome, if he can keep to under a minute, even under 2 minutes he will make that up easily on the ITT and probably win the Vuelta

I am sure I read somewhere that if the gap is less than a bike length same time is given, if it is bigger than a bike lenght the actual time is given.... but I can't be sure on that.

Now where is Dale

Yip Gen

More than a bike's length or thereabouts constitutes a gap in the bunch, group or peloton

It's a guideline rather than a definite measurement

Thus,

It's obvious that they crossed the line together and that Froome Dawg didn't actually drop The Condor

Edited by 'Dale