2016 Vuelta a España

Bonus

One for Cav'

Check out that cool white Sidi :huh:

http://66.media.tumblr.com/4b34459eb48e96ec8f2ac1a7563dcb03/tumblr_ocsnj5AUGj1ropreyo1_1280.jpg

Mind the gap

Sorry meant, check that gap......????

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So timing is taken back wheel to front wheel. Thanx G

The timing for the gap - yes (back wheel to front wheel).

For anyone more than 1s adrift, get's the real time difference between front wheels.

Hope it makes sense.

A few years ago I was in a meeting with a few other race organisers, where there was talk of a new photo finish timing system used in Europe.

It would spell the end of the transmitter timing chip, and certain race official's jobs, as we know it. OCR software would pick out each person's race number and place them according to the time stamp on the photo equipment used on the line.

I guess manpower trumps new technology at the moment.

The timing for the gap - yes (back wheel to front wheel).

For anyone more than 1s adrift, get's the real time difference between front wheels.

Hope it makes sense.

So

... to establish if there is a gap it works on when first rider crossed the line which is taken at back wheel? But to determine time gaps after a gap is established, is from when the rider reached the line eg front wheel reaches line[emoji53]

They do know that these time keeping clocks can count in split seconds all the time..because they do it in TT.

Edited by Gen

Thought this thread was purely to talk about racing now... can we not have an independent thread to discuss race timing?  :ph34r:  :whistling: ..... #justjoking (whilst waiting for the racing to start)

So

... to establish if there is a gap it works on when first rider crossed the line which is taken at back wheel? But to determine time gaps after a gap is established, is from when the rider reached the line eg front wheel reaches line[emoji53] 100%

They do know that these time keeping clocks can count in split seconds all the time..because they do it in TT.

The specification requires time to 0.001 of a second but they only use it for ties and TT (like you say). The rest of the time it is rounded down in seconds.

And on that note, it's time to end this debate.

The specification requires time to 0.001 of a second but they only use it for ties and TT (like you say). The rest of the time it is rounded down in seconds.

And on that note, it's time to end this debate.

But but... lol I was having fun could confusing myself.[emoji23] [emoji23]

Now lesson 2 for the day anyone?

Edited by Gen

And on that note, it's time to end this debate.

Informative stuff for sure and gives and insight... thanks Gerald for sharing 

we're going to watch on Sunday. Not sure about Saturday yet :-)

So lekker.. lots of pics see..[emoji106]

And don't forget to give us a write up about the experience..

Edited by Gen