Introducing the Edge 820 and Edge Explore 820

News bot

Garmin today announced the Edge 820 and Edge Explore 820, lightweight and compact GPS cycling computers with comprehensive ride data, bike-specific navigation and the new GroupTrack feature. Riders can easily stay connected with family and friends, both in and out of the peloton, with the Edge 820 and Edge Explore 820’s numerous connected features including GroupTrack, which allows cyclists to easily keep tabs of everyone in their group should they get separated. To help create a safer riding environment, both devices are compatible with the Varia cycling awareness line and include built-in incident detection. They also feature built-in Garmin Cycle Map with points of interest, bike-friendly trails and more in a compact design optimized for riding in any conditions. For cyclists seeking additional in-depth data the Edge 820 offers advanced performance monitoring including VO2 max, recovery advisor, FTP and watts/kg tracking, performance condition, Strava Live Segments and advanced cycling dynamics.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder about the pricing, but seeing the 520's price,  guess it will be around R 8000. ($ 500, works out to almost this)

I was waiting for this as well. I want one - when will they be available locally.

There is going to be a flood of 800's for sale...

Why does it need a speed sensor ? 

Was wondering the same.  Only explanation I have is for indoor training.

Why does it need a speed sensor ? 

Was wondering the same.  Only explanation I have is for indoor training.

Speed sensors is best for speed and virtual power algorithms on indoor trainers when you IDT does not have power or speed sensor. 

christian

What the experience of people pairing a hoo HR trap to both (BTLE)-> iPad and ANT+ to a Garmin, a the same time.

Need the BTLE to iPad for TR and ANT+ to Garmin for Discovery to recognise the activity.

G

Speed sensors is best for speed and virtual power algorithms on indoor trainers when you IDT does not have power or speed sensor. 

Yip, this is also on my "must have" list (Eish, such a long list already!).  Not available yet locally it seems, looked for one today.  When can we expect it in the shops?

Kannie meer wag nie meneer!