Introducing the Edge 820 and Edge Explore 820

News bot

Even the Garmin website is not updated yet.  This one is fresh out of the oven.  Suits me.  I still need to save a few pennies.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

christian

What the experience of people pairing a hoo HR trap to both (BTLE)-> iPad and ANT+ to a Garmin, a the same time.

Need the BTLE to iPad for TR and ANT+ to Garmin for Discovery to recognise the activity.

G

I've got a Wahoo TickR HR strap that I use with an app on my iPhone (BLE) and with my 520 ANT+.

Works no problem.

When will it end, every few months a new model comes out, buy it only for a new model to appear with more functionality. Very costly to keep up to date. 

Wonder about the pricing, but seeing the 520's price,  guess it will be around R 8000. ($ 500, works out to almost this)

R9399 if priced the same as the current 810 but i reckon over 9.5k.

RRP sitting at $399

Thats about R5740 at the current.......

Not sure what import duties and the agents will add but was wondering howcome the oaks get to that number.  I will wait to see the price in €.

RRP sitting at $399

Thats about R5740 at the current.......

Yes if you convert R/$ but go have a look at the RRP for a 810 on Garmin SA R 9399.00

Jip.

But that is Garmin SA.

You can buy it cheaper elsewhere.  ;)

e.g https://www.easygis.co.za/garmin-edge-810-performance-bundle.html

R7500

or

http://shop.navworld.co.za/garmin/sports-and-fitness/garmin-fitness-cycling/edge-810.html

R7500

Take out VAT.

$458

Almost lines up......

Obviously :P  you can get it cheaper but I was talking RRP.

US RRP is $399 and I'm sure you can find/get it cheaper over there, and the same applies here.

I just can't understand who's pulling the ring out of the SA price because as far as I know there is no import duty on this type of electronics only VAT.

Obviously :P  you can get it cheaper but I was talking RRP.

US RRP is $399 and I'm sure you can find/get it cheaper over there, and the same applies here.

I just can't understand who's pulling the ring out of the SA price because as far as I know there is no import duty on this type of electronics only VAT.

Jip.

Only VAT.

R10k for a handle bar distraction of note. No wonder it has incident detection :-)

Seriously though I'd love a computer like this, but that money represents lots of bike spares and rides and I have Strava...