A brand new downhill track has been built at Cascades MTB Park in Pietermaritzburg for the 2016 South African National Mountain Bike Championships this weekend. Watch local downhill shredders Jonathan and Christopher Philogene from the 2Bro's Downhill Racing Team show us down the track.

Click here to view the article

Looking good Bros! Nothing like a nice new track to test the riders. Really looking forward to Sunday. Going to be a good days racing.

Old World Cup track is now an "enduro" track .... or regional DH track.

This is the next level .... its amazing

Jeepers. Bone dry track!

Doesn't seem like a track that would suit riders who aren't too fond of pedalling.

Gutted to be missing this one.

Track looks rad!  :thumbup:

Thanks to all who lifted a spade and created this beast  :devil:

Jeepers. Bone dry track!

Doesn't seem like a track that would suit riders who aren't too fond of pedalling.

I'm pretty sure the camera flattens it out a lot as well

Is there much in the form of line choice sections or is it all single track down?

There are a good few lines at the top in the first rocks - then its a bit one-lined to the first steep section. Thats pretty tight next to a cliff face so again onelined until you turn onto Timmys section. From there through the cambers there is a lot of line choice over a 3m wide section of cleared track. Then that next rock section has a few lines - then the main cambers are sort of onelined, then the bottom has some different line options.

So a bit of both - but it is quite narrow - so you need to be creative to get off the sheep line

you literally put in 2 pedal strokes on the whole track

Maybe we can get a world cup event again with this track ..