Trek Agency ??

Sidmouth

I heard via the grape vine, that the agent for Trek Dark Horse has been replace by someone or something else, can anyone spread any light onto this.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sepia, you speaking from experience?

I am, had some warranty issues, the last one the bike rolled into my LBS on a Tuesday and a new one rolled out Thursday, this is service level excellence i experienced, looking forward to hearing yours.

hmmm have 2 trek's Ill be following this. 

My little it of  experience with Dark horse was not bad...

Trek have always had distributors issues but the bigger problem is the shops that is  "Trek dealers" that give you a blank expression when ask about certain trek specific things, ex BB95 bb kit. They had no idea what BB95 was. 

hmmm have 2 trek's Ill be following this. 

My little it of  experience with Dark horse was not bad...

Trek have always had distributors issues but the bigger problem is the shops that is  "Trek dealers" that give you a blank expression when ask about certain trek specific things, ex BB95 bb kit. They had no idea what BB95 was. 

This is why I dealt with Dark horse directly.  The "Trek dealers" did not know if they were dealers or not.

Ended up with a new build after getting the parts from the UK.  Dark horse would not even entertain my requests.

Terrible bunch of people.

It can only get better.  Stuff Dark horse.

Anyone that has owned a Trek knows what a BB95 is, it will become a issue sooner or later, for this reason you need good Trek Backup

This is why I dealt with Dark horse directly.  The "Trek dealers" did not know if they were dealers or not.

Ended up with a new build after getting the parts from the UK.  Dark horse would not even entertain my requests.

Terrible bunch of people.

It can only get better.  Stuff Dark horse.

The problem was every time the agency moved the same people move to the new company. This started when it was still The Bicycle Company or even before that.

The biggest issue was the people working there probably had never ridden a bike!!!

I would request parts Eg: a specific linkage bolt. send them pic's and even the part number and they would send me a hanger :blink:  most useless people I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

In the end we dealt with Trek USA or made the part our selves.

The problem was every time the agency moved the same people move to the new company. This started when it was still The Bicycle Company or even before that.

The biggest issue was the people working there probably had never ridden a bike!!!

I would request parts Eg: a specific linkage bolt. send them pic's and even the part number and they would send me a hanger :blink:  most useless people I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

In the end we dealt with Trek USA or made the part our selves.

There are unfortunately far too many of these 'non riders' at the suppliers.  Makes it a mission.

It also makes the good guys who know what you're talking about really stand out!

Sepia, you speaking from experience?

I am, had some warranty issues, the last one the bike rolled into my LBS on a Tuesday and a new one rolled out Thursday, this is service level excellence i experienced, looking forward to hearing yours.

Very, very much so,  Even had to import a skewer  because the local "agents" did not know what I was talking about yet I showed them the problem.

Went onto dark horse and they promised the earth.  To no avail and 4 months later.

So yes, back to you question.  I have had "dealings" with them for many build parts.  I could go on.  Lets not talk about suspension hangers, wheel locking rings............Tried dealing with Trek USA and they said I had to use the local agent/supplier.  Ended up using a UK agent with perfect results probably cheaper too.

Edited by Sepia

And then you get Spez haters... :whistling:

This is just too good. How does it happen that there will always be a group of people either hating or rating a specific brand, especially when it turns out that a lot of the time the issues are caused by non-cyclists?

So, there will always be issues, the real issue at hand is whether or not one is willing to take a chance in buying / supporting said brand. Look at any car for that matter. There is always the good that is accompanied by the bad.

Just my 2 cents worth.