Richard Murray shows readiness for Rio triathlon despite drama

News bot

Personally I feel that he shouldn't become and act like a Prima Donna!!

Race organisers and admin staff do not have the time during a race to explain to athletes the reasons for their penalties....plain and simple remedy is NOT to put your wetsuit in the wrong and in ANOTHER athletes box!!!

When you are called for a 10 second penalty......believe me...there is a valid reason!! 

Hopefully he's learned something from this prior to RIO.  I wish him the best!

Triathlon and all their special rules. . . . 

didn't see the hissy fit, but when you're gearing up for a sprint finish and this happens, what's best for the sport?

Agree with Gerhard, if the penalty was wrong and that cost you the race; then throw your toys. But he was wrong, plain and simple, told to serve his penalty and then thought it charming to show up-yours to the organizers at the finish.

Leave that nonsense to those overpaid hissy fitters, called footballers.

It was poor form, plain and simple. The same rules apply to all participants, there is nothing "special" about you just because you are racing at the front.

When you are on the rivet and racing for podium to be called by the technical official for a penalty, they should give him a reason. If you look at the footage he clearly asks them "why" a couple of times. I think the red mist from Richard and the lack communication from the technical officials lead to this. He apologized and let's hope he gets it all right in Rio.