Bike Sentimentality

Disylizzy

I don't ride my GT Peace much and it's taking up space... along with my Cannondale Caad 7 Dura Ace road bike. I should probably sell both as keeping them for 2 rides a year doesn't make much sense when the cash would wipe out a nice chunk of debt... but yeah, been saying I will sell them for a while now. But no sign of that advert you'll see  :blush:

I know someone who regrets selling two GT peace's...  :whistling:   :blink:

You looking to sell yours  :devil:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have sold some of my bikes, just to go and buy back...for more money.

Only one left to buy back, was in the classifieds a month or so back...was very tempting.

Just bought a new house, so it was not an option...she will be the one that got away.

I've been thinking of selling my road bike and keep coming up with excuses for why not to. So that made me wonder, is there anyone else out there that has a bike/bikes that they own/owned that the sentimental value outweighs the value of the bike?

Well it would depend on whether or not you want to buy a new road bike and whether you can afford to buy said new bike without having to sell the bike you're attached too.

That said some bikes you just bond with and love instantly. Like I did with my Silverback Phoenix some years back and now my Silverback Slade. That Phoenix still puts a smile on my face when I think about her, just a damned pity it got stolen.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Whats happened to Dips ... He's been very quiet.

I have a few bikes that I will never sell. Dont get sentimental about all of them, but some you just bond with ...

Feels like he fell off the face of the earth.

Dips where are you???

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Almost every time I sell something sport related, I have almost instant regrets. A year or two down the line you WILL end up needing it or could use it for a project. Unless you can't put food on the table, keep your kit.

Check the classifieds dry up now :whistling:

My OH still guilts me every now and again for giving away his old road bike that he did his first two Argus' on - kept the original Campagnola pedals but the rest of it went to build-a-bike.

I'm sure I'll be reminded again when he wants to update the mtb.

I've often thought of selling my roadbike to fund other projects.I've been doing on average 300km per year on it as apose to 4000km on my MTB.......... But then I think, hey its a almost mint model 2001 GT ZR4.0 ,even though its a 3×8 Sora equipped bike I only paid R1500 for it, and what could I possibly do with that little money that would give me as much pleasure as I get from this bike on the odd road ride.

Also have a slight nostalgic connection to it as these were the bikes my friends raced when I had to try and keep up on a pimped Le Jeune in the early 2000's when I was in high school.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

I know someone who regrets selling two GT peace's...  :whistling:   :blink:

You looking to sell yours  :devil:

I am/was/ain't... I mean I should, but I also shouldn't... aaaah who knows.

What do you even sell a Peace for - it just doesn't make sense/cents

And it's also a little piece of history/my heart

Soppy story over

Leave me alone unless you win the lotto  :devil:

I'm gonna have a strange, flat, square coffin. Where I go, my Le Turbo goes too.

When I bought my Cannondale in 19voetsek I gave my Le Turbo to my brother who destroyed it.

I cant seem to work up much sentiment for inanimate objects like cars and bikes.

If I had to keep all the cars I fell in love with I could open a dealership

I still have my old roadbike.  The plan was to sell it.  I asked my husband "what if" "Is is possible" instead of buying a 29er mtb (which would be for dirtroadie stuff because for trail I love my 26) I converted it to a cyclocross bike.  I got ''the look'' :ph34r:  :( 

One of the reasons I cannot let go of my Titus racer x.

Thought of maybe getting a 650b of some type but just can't seem to do it.

For me its a tossup between sentimentality and that constant itch for something different.

Probably been hunting for a new trail bike for close to a year. Just because...

Hoping that new bike stoke will be enough for me to move on. 

Then I ride the old girl again and she brings back that same familiar smile and a song I can't get out of my head

https://youtu.be/ijSg4NkOIeY

Edited by popcorn_skollie