DIY front and rear shock service

Dirkitech

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/6/2021 at 3:06 PM, TheoG said:

I also do it myself.  I drive to Cogent, drop it of a pick it up later myself .... :) .

The cost is not an arm & leg, they are the experts after all ...

But if you are brave, go for it, why not.  I also do as much as I can myself but with shocks & forks I draw the line.

Seems we have the exact same service strategy. ????

On 9/6/2021 at 1:36 PM, droo said:

FIT4 with lsc adjust. As per the links in my last post. 

15cc in the damper leg, 25cc in the spring leg. 

I can see why you are such a respected suspension guy in your area. (you have also serviced a fork or 2 that I bought from WC)

Not everyone would share their knowledge so freely and would rather request to "bring it to me, I will have a look"

Kudos. 

5 hours ago, Koos Likkewaan said:

I can see why you are such a respected suspension guy in your area. (you have also serviced a fork or 2 that I bought from WC)

Not everyone would share their knowledge so freely and would rather request to "bring it to me, I will have a look"

Kudos. 

The internet is full of people giving (and following) terrible advice, so I'd rather try to be a local source of slightly better.

(Also when someone tries it themselves and runs out of talent they know where to find me)

15 hours ago, droo said:

(Also when someone tries it themselves and runs out of talent they know where to find me)

I can attest to this. I do the lowers and air can services myself, but for dampers (lets call it the 100hrs service) my suspension goes to Droo. 

18 hours ago, droo said:

The internet is full of people giving (and following) terrible advice, so I'd rather try to be a local source of slightly better.

Please consider moving to Gauteng so that I can make use of your expert services ????

10 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Please consider moving to Gauteng so that I can make use of your expert services ????

You already have Cogent ... 

We need Droo down here...

24 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

You already have Cogent ... 

We need Droo down here...

There's a new kid here in PTA when it comes to shock and fork services. I dropped my bike off there on Thursday. I will provide feedback ????

15 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

There's a new kid here in PTA when it comes to shock and fork services. I dropped my bike off there on Thursday. I will provide feedback ????

Cool to know and good luck to them. If in Gauteng my suspension goes to Jacques at Cogent. Before he was here, I used to courier my shocks to Droo.