[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

Event Name: 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus
When: 12 March 2017
Where: Cape Town, Western Cape
Category: Road

The Cape Town Cycle Tour is turning 40 on Sunday, 12 March 2017 and we are so excited to commemorate this massive milestone of SA’s most iconic cycling event.

Grown from humble beginnings in 1978 when just 525 riders took part, 2017’s 40th event will see 35 000 cyclists line up in Hertzog Boulevard to tackle the spectacular 109-kilometre loop of the Cape’s peninsula. In so doing, they will not only participate in the world’s largest timed cycling event, but be part of a special day in the history of the event.

The 40th Cape Town Cycle Tour is the fourth and final event in the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust’s annual Cape Town Cycle Tour Lifecycle Week – a week-long celebration of cycling, healthy lifestyles and outdoor sporting fun in one of the world’s most scenic destinations. Other Lifecycle Week events take place on the following dates:

• Cape Town Cycle Tour Junior 5 March 2017

• Cape Town Cycle Tour MTB Challenge 4 and 5 March 2017

• Cape Town Cycle Tour Expo 9, 10 and 11 March 2017

Keep up to date with developments of the Cape Town Cycle Tour and the other Lifecycle Week events by liking our Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/cycletour or by following us on Twitter at @CTCycleTour and Instagram at @ctcycletour.

For any event queries, please contact the Cycle Tour Events Office during office hours on 087 820 7223 or visit www.capetowncycletour.com.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be a very expensive month for me.  CTCT on the 12th, Niece's wedding in Riebeek Kasteel on the 20th and daughter's graduation in CT on the last weekend....and....we have top travel each time from Durban!

What is everyone doing the week before the tour this year?

We did the TOGH which was awesome but at R5k thinking a tour with mates around some of the awesome WP passes could be a better way to spend the leave and money.

Thoughts?

Tour de Boland???

I leave the road for you fellas to fight it out.

A month before IM and bunch crashes are just not worth it.

Used to get all worked up over the weekend, now I tend to spend it running in the mountains away from the frenzy!

This year I had the lowest expectation ever for a race and can in with my best time.

Next year I plan to have an even lower expectation :thumbup: ...plus more regular "fun" rides!