[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just be careful about that, It's illegal to sell a standard entry for more than the original price. If you make it public you "could" get the seller into hot water. Rather pay normal price and then "give the seller some extra to say thanks for his effort"

Really, which law will you be contravening?

You might be in breach of a contract between you and CTCT, but illegal, I doubt.

Maybe someone with a law background can infrom

You might be in breach of a contract between you and CTCT, but illegal, I doubt.

Rules as on CTCT Website.

See Bold and Underscored section.

Rules and Regulations

1. Cape Town Cycle Tour Entry Requirements

1.1       To compete in the Cycle Tour, riders must in the year of the event turn:

1.1.1       13 (thirteen) years old; or

1.1.2       11 (eleven) years old if riding on the back of a tandem with an adult.

1.2       The entry fee will be refunded if the rider is unable to participate in the Cycle Tour due to death or hospitalisation.

1.3       Should an entrant cancel his/her entry before the closing date of the Cycle Tour, he/she shall be entitled to a refund of the entry fee subject to deduction of a reasonable cancellation fee, having regard to the length of notice of cancellation given by the entrant and the potential of the organisers to find an alternative entrant before the entry closing date.

1.4       If entrants are unable to take part in the event and wish to have their entry substituted, they may ask the substitute rider to reimburse them but they may not ask for more than what they originally paid for their entry. The substitute rider must pay an additional entry fee. Riders must ensure that the substitute rider follows the correct substitution procedure which is found here. If the correct procedure is not adhered to and the substitute rider is found riding illegally, both parties could be sanctioned.

1.5       The Cycle Tour will take place regardless of bad weather and will only be cancelled, re-routed or stopped for reasons of safety. In this event, entry fees are not refundable.

1.6       Communication on Cycle Tour related matters will be done by e-mail or SMS. It is each entrant’s responsibility to keep their contact details up to date by contacting the organisers oninfo@cycletour.co.za.

1.7       Riders consent to the use of all photographic or video material pertaining to their participation in the Cycle Tour made by the organisers or their assignees during any activity deemed to be part of the Cycle Tour and other official Lifecycle Week activities at any time in the present or future.

1.8       The organiser reserves the right to refuse any person’s entry, or cancel any person’s entry up to the day before the Cycle Tour. In that event the person’s entry fee will be refunded.

Ok if you are willing to pull the "I will call my lawyer" card then be my guest. I couldn't be bothered what you pay for an entry, I was simply just informing the guy that he should be careful about making it public.

• 4 weeks later...

Happy new year to every one  :clap: 

only 9 weeks.... how's every one's training going? 
I just started work again after a 10 day holiday. I had hoped to go out for a ride a few times but first I was sick for 5 days and now the weather is coooooold, gray and rainy, it's depressing!  :thumbdown:

It's still dark when I leave home in the morning and dark again when I come back. Did a small tour for about an hour on my regular citybike on monday, that's all. 

on a side note: looking forward to our SA trip, I've worked out a nice route, and booked some great accomodation (JNB - Nelspruit - 2 nights Graskop - 2 nights Kruger - 1 night in Swaziland Hlane - 2 nights St Lucia - 2 nights Durban - 2 nights Underberg - 3 nights Bergville - 1 night JNB) ek kan ni wag ni!  ^_^

Edited by Belgian biker

A friend is looking for a tandem entry.

Anyone here know of anyone  looking to get rid of one, please pm me  :thumbup:

Hope everyone is enjoying their training...

man...  i only started cycling last year March and I've never seen so many cyclists out on the roads/trails.  

there was a slight spike from the 1st of September for about two weeks and then a bit of a lull.  but now  :eek:

man... i only started cycling last year March and I've never seen so many cyclists out on the roads/trails.

there was a slight spike from the 1st of September for about two weeks and then a bit of a lull. but now :eek:

welcome brother

Really hoping this Cape windy weather doesn't continue throughout summer until the CTCT! Nearly got blown over twice last week. 

Don't complain about the wind, it only makes you stronger.  :whistling:

We also need these winds to blow, so that it can rain up country, will also mean that we get decent rain during the winter. I'm prepared to suffer in the wind, as long as it brings the rain.

Really hoping this Cape windy weather doesn't continue throughout summer until the CTCT! Nearly got blown over twice last week. 

Don't complain about the wind, it only makes you stronger.  :whistling:

We also need these winds to blow, so that it can rain up country, will also mean that we get decent rain during the winter. I'm prepared to suffer in the wind, as long as it brings the rain.

It will make you stronger if it doesn't blow you into to traffic or off a bridge.... !!! This wind is crazy, had to push my bike up a bridge for the first time in years with this Gale Force!! It's relentless and just won't give us a break!

The wind in the afternoon is worse though...