African Wild Dog the biggest winner in Old Mutual iMfolozi MTB Challenge

News bot

I also shaved an hour off my 2015 time. Was a really lekker ride, will definitely keep it in my yearly calendar! 

Was definitely an awesome ride this year, great weather and good animal sightings on the ride, depending on which side of the elephant stoppage you where! Just those damned zululand Christmas beetles on the last climb " Schweeeeetzz, choklaaatz!"

Was definitely an awesome ride this year, great weather and good animal sightings on the ride, depending on which side of the elephant stoppage you where! Just those damned zululand Christmas beetles on the last climb " Schweeeeetzz, choklaaatz!"

yeah, they are really annoying. Last year one of them threw a rock at me when I ignored them. They were lucky there was a big game fence between us...

Other than that, great race and just a lekker relaxed vibe about it. I was in front of the ellie stoppage and didn't see much game. 

Oh the one thing I don't really understand is the reason for starting riders off in batches this year. It really isn't such a big field of riders, and almost no singletrack. I ended up riding 90% of the race completely alone with almost no-one in sight. 

Think I spoke to you on that last climb, was in the group with the bright socks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think I spoke to you on that last climb, was in the group with the bright socks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Busy fixing a bike?