The Home Improvement Thread

dev  null

Mr's 

I have been asked to install a Dishwasher Monday 

I'm pretty handy ( could almost pass as an electrician ) but my plumbing skills are the sum of replacing 3 toilet fill valves and replacing that bendy pipe under the kitchen sink.

So first it looks like 3 things , electrical connection , fill pipe and drainage/discharge pipe 

I thought it would be 4 cause i was expecting to fit a pipe from the geyser as well but turns out not.

Now I have a few questions ( i have not seen the house or dishwasher yet ) 

Electrical I'm planning to do with 2.5mm multipurpose and an industrial plug to an outlet , issues ? 

There might not be an opening to connect the discharge to a runoff so would it be a problem if i run the hose over the sink like some older houses do with their washing machines ? 

Anything else I might not be thinking of ? 

I'm going to take all the basics with , plumbing tape , hose clamps , adjustable spanners , multimeter , core cutter , screwdrivers ect....

Edited by BaGearA

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, BaGearA said:

Mr's 

I have been asked to install a Dishwasher Monday 

I'm pretty handy ( could almost pass as an electrician ) but my plumbing skills are the sum of replacing 3 toilet fill valves and replacing that bendy pipe under the kitchen sink.

So first it looks like 3 things , electrical connection , fill pipe and drainage/discharge pipe 

I thought it would be 4 cause i was expecting to fit a pipe from the geyser as well but turns out not.

Now I have a few questions ( i have not seen the house or dishwasher yet ) 

Electrical I'm planning to do with 2.5mm multipurpose and an industrial plug to an outlet , issues ? 

There might not be an opening to connect the discharge to a runoff so would it be a problem if i run the hose over the sink like some older houses do with their washing machines ? 

Anything else I might not be thinking of ? 

I'm going to take all the basics with , plumbing tape , hose clamps , adjustable spanners , multimeter , core cutter , screwdrivers ect....

That is an option, but not ideal. 
If you can get it near a 50mm drain pipe it’s pretty easy to tap into that, you even get T pieces that accommodate the dishwasher outlet into one side on them. 

11 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

That is an option, but not ideal. 
If you can get it near a 50mm drain pipe it’s pretty easy to tap into that, you even get T pieces that accommodate the dishwasher outlet into one side on them. 

I got a photo now and it seems like there's a drain in the back corner , will just need to plumb the discharge hose to it 

• 3 months later...

Anyone here able to advise someone that will recycle drill bits ? 

yes drill bits , cobalt 8-12 mm sizes probably near 200 of them