Strava Live Segments come to Wahoo’s ELEMNT GPS bike computer

News bot

I seriously love the fact that they bring out updates like this and don't just wait for a new unit to come out.  It's really impressive!  

The biggest mess with live segments is that you need Strava premium which was discussed in another thread with regards to the stupidly high price increase.

The biggest mess with live segments is that you need Strava premium which was discussed in another thread with regards to the stupidly high price increase.

I agree, it is quite a premium price. You get a 60 day premium subscription with your ELEMNT, but it might only be enough to get you excited. 

I guess Strava has bills to pay too... 

I agree, it is quite a premium price. You get a 60 day premium subscription with your ELEMNT, but it might only be enough to get you excited. 

I guess Strava has bills to pay too... 

The thing with Strava Premium is you need to get it via their website, where it's R499, the in-app purchase is R1199  :whistling:

Live Segments are awesome but it does interfere with "easy" rides...  :blush:  :ph34r:

Live segments is a very nifty little feature, but I am at the point where I want to switch it off. It works fine on long drags or road sections, but on tight twisty technical MTB segments I get the "off-segment" message about 9 times out of 10 on my Edge 520.

This is also about the only feature I use from Strava Premium, as strava's fitness trackers, power analysis etc are useless compared to Trainingpeaks and WKO4. Strava's fitness graph in the premium feature only looks at cycling and ignores any other activities. Pretty useless if you cross train.

My strava premium will not be renewed in 2017...

On another note, the ELEMNT seems like a feature packed device but I won't buy it simple due to its size. It is about the size of a Nokia 5110!!!

Edited by Rudi Pollard

The thing with Strava Premium is you need to get it via their website, where it's R499, the in-app purchase is R1199  :whistling:

Live Segments are awesome but it does interfere with "easy" rides...  :blush:  :ph34r:

Good to know! Apple's share is probably the biggest inflator on the in app pricing. 

We should just all chip in for a group account. Then everyone pays R100 and 10 people get the login details in order to download the segment GPX files. They can also upload rides if they really want the power analysis etc.