Nothing on the Rio Womans road race..?

GrumpyOldGuy

....strange, because I personally usually find the woman's race much more competitive and hense entertaining than the mens!

I guess one would need to feel like losing money to ignore Lizzy Armitstead's chances, certainly she is going to be one of, if not the favourite, but I think Kristen Armstrong is also going to be a tough competitor and of course one forget's Marianne Vos at their peril, its a really strong field, I think I may have to break out the nuts and beers and watch it in its entirety.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by how the men's race turned out.. Anna van der Breggen will really fancy a shot at this.. so will Vos..and so will Prevot... will be interesting.. you can throw Neff in the hat too... if an outsider can pull it off Neff has a good chance.

As for Lizzy..well she may find herself without friends today...so we'll have to see how that pans out.

We racing...not much happening in the early stages

I think they are still in the neutral zone[emoji85]

I think they would have the advantage of the spills & thrills of the men's race yesterday, so it might be  tad a more conservative.

Also smaller teams, less players and sacrificial lambs to go out upfront earlier.

Are they also riding the cobble section? Was carnage yesterday.

Cobbles on the way out, one loop of the forrest, the hills and the dodgy descent, then back accross the cobbles to the finish

Ashleigh sitting 3rd wheel

Whenever I'd be in a bunch with her, she is superb at positioning herself

What a PRO

Edited by 'Dale

Armitstead has a bike issues the moment her team mate upped the tempo...motor pacing like mad to get back