TokaiMTB Volunteer Build Day 13 August, 2016

(Deon)

Time for an update on progress made so far. 

Over 4 build days the Volunteers have been able to open the Switchbacks, DH0, DH1, DH2 and Vasbyt. These trails may not all be rideable at this stage but you would have seen by now the photos of the work being done by Reto and his team contracted to add the finishings for fun and future sustainability. The contractor's bills will be covered by the PPA but as much credit needs to go to every individual who has contributed to this collective effort to reopen Tokai.

Out of a potential 80 people expected over 4 build days (20 max for each), the turnout is currently sitting at an incredible 72! Thank you.. the goal of having the trails rideable by December is certainly achievable with everyone's input.

For our 5th build on the 13th..

• We have some more work planned for DH0, which is really starting to take shape now having been the worst fire and logging affected trail of all.
  • We will also finally be moving onto the Snake trails starting at Boomslang which for some reason has taken the brunt of alien infestation and water damage. This trail needs you!

Devil's Peak Brewery, in the same spirit of giving back, steps up again to support the volunteers. This is a very welcome contribution especially for the post work chat.. thanks DPBC.

Registration link: http://eepurl.com/caAvu1

NB: Remember, if it is raining –like bucketing down– we'll make a call on the morning by 8am and email the group should the event need to be postponed.

Thanks again!!

Edited by (Deon)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scrambling to find a sitter that is available... 

May have to miss this one, unfortunately. 

*Don't like*

I'm also going to have to unlike an earlier post.. why you make me do this?!?  ^_^

Gosh, you guys really want this!

11 spots filled on the first day. Not bad at all.. is it the beer?  ;)

Gosh, you guys really want this!

11 spots filled on the first day. Not bad at all.. is it the beer?  ;)

Yes!