Iwan Kemp

The Fox DOSS always gets a lot of flak about it's oversized remote lever (which is a non-issue when running it below the bars) but the reliability I've experienced after 2 years of use so far leaves me all smiles.

The Fox DOSS always gets a lot of flak about it's oversized remote lever (which is a non-issue when running it below the bars) but the reliability I've experienced after 2 years of use so far leaves me all smiles.

DOSS has been replaced by the new Transfer and have done away with the clunky remote.

So, let's come some Bike Hub feedback to Rockshox. Tell us

- Year model

- how long have you had it

- first issues experienced

- how long into owning it did you experience the first issues

- roughly how many k's did it have on it at that stage

- was it serviced as required

- what repairs were done to solve the issue

- any other / further issues experienced

- In total how long have you owned it and how many km's has it done

Nothing beats real-life rider feedback to improve on a product.

- Year model

Well the new RS dropper range has also just been released as you no doubt know so not sure any feedback on their old products would be worth much. They will just say it's been addressed in the new range.

Well the new RS dropper range has also just been released as you no doubt know so not sure any feedback on their old products would be worth much. They will just say it's been addressed in the new range.

That I know, yes. Small changes though and nothing like Fox doing away with a 3-position dropper and several other key design changes. Point is not to compare the 2, though. I still think it would be useful to get some feedback from riders to them.

For those who mentioned KS: I have a LEV on another bike and by comparison its needed endless TLC to the point where I would rather not get another one. It's on its way in for a service now and I'll see how it goes when it comes back.

- Year model

Aug 2015

Six months of using

Ten months after I bought it

1131 km

Not every three months as stated by supplier

Service kit was installed

Came back with same up and down play

Since August 2015, was replaced in July 2016.

I work abroad so I only have six months of the year to enjoy my bike.

- Year model

Reverb Stealth fitted on my TBLT purchased April 2014. Started getting spongy a few months in. Had it bled, marginal improvement and replaced with a new one under warranty at about 6 months.

The replacement was fine for about 9 months but sucked a little air in at some stage after that (lifting by seat or hanging by seat on a rack). Useable but difficult to actuate and slight vertical play. Had it serviced 6 months ago (R1100) and now better than it has ever been.

Moral of story - do not (ever) lift or hang the bike from the saddle. The RS literature does not tell you this. Reverbs can apparently suck air into the piston/cylinder assembly if the post is placed under tension. Then the issues begin.

2nd big issue - the standard service kit does not include a replacement piston head ( or some such part) and this is apparently the fastest wearing component according to my LBS - the replacement piston heads are ordered separately and quite expensive .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by JXV

• 2 months later...

So had an awesome ride today until my Reverb stealth decides to not come up anymore and there it is again the dreaded oil leaking out the stealth routing hole and the nasty swoosh sound coming from the post. That was it,I knew exactly what had happen,the seal popped again,exactly the same thing that happen before with the old one,TWICE. And now the warranty one has the same issue only 10 months after it was replaced. The first one they blamed me for not servicing it so I had to fork out about a R1000 to have it serviced and not even 8 weeks and it blew the same seal again, so I then asked them if they now going to blame me for it again. So it was replace under warranty and now the same crap again,now I am waiting to see if this is going to be Dejavu all over again.

Edited by Bizkit031

So had an awesome ride today until my Reverb stealth decides to not come up anymore and there it is again the dreaded oil leaking out the stealth routing hole and the nasty swoosh sound coming from the post. That was it,I knew exactly what had happen,the seal popped again,exactly the same thing that happen before with the old one,TWICE. And now the warranty one has the same issue only 10 months after it was replaced. The first one they blamed me for not servicing it so I had to fork out about a R1000 to have it serviced and not even 8 weeks and it blew the same seal again, so I then asked them if they now going to blame me for it again. So it was replace under warranty and now the same crap again,now I am waiting to see if this is going to be Dejavu all over again.

Out of interest, do you store your bike with the post lowered or extended? Not sure if there is much value in it, but read that keeping the post in the lowered position for extended periods of time can place strain on the seals given the increased pressure

Out of interest, do you store your bike with the post lowered or extended? Not sure if there is much value in it, but read that keeping the post in the lowered position for extended periods of time can place strain on the seals given the increased pressure

always in the extended position,read about that as well. But this has now happened 3 times so I started check some forums and it seems to be a problem with the design tolerances and this is suppose to be sorted under warranty. Apparently the new internals have sorted this out.