Need Parts for Finishing Someone Else's Bicycle

Kalahari Vegmot

Hi, Hubbers,

I would like to fix someone's else's bicycle, but don't have all the parts that's needed for it and was wondering whether there might be some of you willing to donate-sort of like Build-a-Bike on a small scale. I need the following parts:  New brake and shifter cables and housing, square taper crank, rear wheel with an 8speed cassette, a saddle, chain and new grips; it's an old Giant ATX870 if that helps. I'm in Groblershoop, but there are places in Vereeniging and Bloemfontein where parts can be dropped of. My number is 072 770 2167, and Email 3d.petri@gmail.com if anyone's interested. Thank in advance guys!

I have some parts I'd like to donate to a build-a-bike cause, but unfortunately I'm in Cape Town. And my parts are mostly 9 speed shimano, Acera level etc.

I have some parts I'd like to donate to a build-a-bike cause, but unfortunately I'm in Cape Town. And my parts are mostly 9 speed shimano, Acera level etc.

That could possibly work very well, maybe we could even upgrade it to 9speed! Now we only need someone to sponsor postage...

That could possibly work very well, maybe we could even upgrade it to 9speed! Now we only need someone to sponsor postage...

Hi Petri. I'm getting ride of a few bits and may be able to assist. Let me go through my stuff this weekend. I'll put the list together and send it to you. Edited by KanonDonkie

I have a Giant seatpost 30.9mm & a 100mm Kore stem I am willing to donate, but someone needs to pay postage.

KanonDonkie: PM sent

Dubbelbuys: Thanks for the offer; luckily those items have already been sorted

Petri, I regret, but apparently all of my old bits were trashed (literally) a while ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Many many thanks for Hilton's donation:

Now we only need some grips, shifter and brake cables and housing, and a saddle. I will be willing to pay for postage of the items. 

• 1 month later...

A very big "Thank You" to Nicolai from B.O.M.B for donating a rear wheel, qr skewer. saddle and shifter cables to the build. If you've got any old bicycle parts that's lying around, I would highly recommend passing it on to them, they build bikes and donate it to those in need

• 1 month later...

Thanks a lot to everybody involved, finally got the build done! It's owner is really going to enjoy it, so thanks again Hubland for being very generous to make someone else's life a whole lot better :clap:

post-86802-0-96620100-1478877822_thumb.jpg

post-86802-0-19150900-1478877844_thumb.jpg