Heia Safari re-named "Cradle Moon Mountain Biking" ?

Bonus

Hmm. The content is still there, but you have to be logged into FB to access it via the link.

It's a set of pictures posted by Melian Dott on the "Johannesburg Social MTB Group" page which it says were taken at "Cradle Moon Mountain Biking" but which were actually taken at what I would have called Heia Safari.

Quite possible as Heia Safari name does not feauture as the new name is Cradle Moon Conservancy or something.

Heia Safari has changed it's name to Cradle Moon Lakeside Game Lodge and is part of the Cradle Moon Conservancy.  

Edited by Red Robin

Heia safari have changed their name to Cradle Moon. Still battling to open the link though.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

Hi all

Ok, ignoring their name change, whats the riding like there?

G

Used to be ace. Then there was sabotage followed by neglect. Don't know what its like now I'm afraid.

Used to be ace. Then there was sabotage followed by neglect. Don't know what its like now I'm afraid.

I try not think about this place... But sometimes it pops into my thoughts and I get so mad because of what this chop has done.. it's like he's taken something away from me.

I loved that red route.. But like reeeeaaly loved it...yellow was so awesome too..

Loved how if I was pressed for time I could do a short but awesome ride there or puzzle it together as part of a longer ride in the cradle.

Darren did such good work there.

Anyway... There're loads of other places ,..I still won't set foot there

But Scrooge killed one of the best MTB parks in the country

Reminiscing rant over

I try not think about this place... But sometimes it pops into my thoughts and I get so mad because of what this chop has done.. it's like he's taken something away from me.

I loved that red route.. But like reeeeaaly loved it...yellow was so awesome too..

Loved how if I was pressed for time I could do a short but awesome ride there or puzzle it together as part of a longer ride in the cradle.

Darren did such good work there.

Anyway... There're loads of other places ,..I still won't set foot there

But Scrooge killed one of the best MTB parks in the country

Reminiscing rant over

I never managed the first climb on Red Route! Not because it was steep - those rocks just got me every time. Loved coming over the bridge at the end of red too  then down and through the mist under the dam wall. 

Blue was a good warm up and the 2 water crossings were great. Never fell off but saw many people who did :-)

Yellow - in several places, two different parts of the route were close enough that you could hop over and do sections over and over before carrying on.

Always found the Hero guys friendly and encouraging.

I go there for open water training. Despite all the negative noise a lot of upgrading of facilities. Not sure what the trails are like but see many riders. Nit cheap tho.