UCI Road World Champs 2016 (12-16 October)

Frosty

To kickstart this thread, here are the official bits relating to this year's Road World Champs ) 2016.

First a picture of the current Road World Champs, in case you forgot:

• Elite Men - Peter Sagan

39398970b7d8abf963834cfe589eb6e1.jpg

• Elite Woman - Lizzie Armitstead

.....780289c0e8622adced32406ab61c3c13.jpg

The qualification process - how do nations get the number of riders to the start line.

Download the file (or click the link above) Systèmedequalification2016-ENG-Final_English.pdf

The cut-off date for qualification is 22 August, which is around the corner - hence the information being posted so soon.

South Africa is currently ranked 20th (mens) and 12th (ladies), but only the top 10 nations get preferential qualification. The rest have to follow alternative means of qualification.

• Louis (Maincheese) is currently ranked 46th, so the SA men get to send three riders. 

• Ashleigh (Moolman-Pasio) is currently ranked 9th, so we also (should) get three riders.

Assuming I have read, and understood, the qualification process listed in the file above, and summarised below:

3. Qualification through the Individual UCI World Ranking

Each nation which has not otherwise qualified, which has its top-ranked rider:

- among the first 100 positions in the individual UCI World Ranking on 22 August 2016:
  each nation may enter 3 riders to start.

The official UCI website for 2016

THE RACE ROUTE(S)

http://www.dohacycling2016.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/road-race-women-elite.jpg

http://www.dohacycling2016.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/road-race-men-elite-map.jpg

To see the other disciplines (TT and other categories) - http://www.dohacycling2016.com/events/category/road-races/

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Sagan !

Or Boonen !

Maybe Cav if UK has a proper team to pilot him to the line.

If the Germans can work together we could see a German take it.. Germany have said they are riding for Greipel and Kittel is plan B.

If there is wind watch the Belgians.. BUT..they are planning on shortening the course so it can't be full gas for long enough to make it hard.

I think the French have made a mistake riding for Bouhani..he'll probably win and then get disqualified [emoji12] [emoji6]

If the Germans can work together we could see a German take it.. Germany have said they are riding for Greipel and Kittel is plan B.

If there is wind watch the Belgians.. BUT..they are planning on shortening the course so it can't be full gas for long enough to make it hard.

I think the French have made a mistake riding for Bouhani..he'll probably win and then get disqualified [emoji12] [emoji6]

Please not Boohoo in the rainbow stripes.

Poor planning on my part. Riding down to the Amashova and driving back on Sunday, so will be missing the live broadcast, and pretty much the whole WC week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor planning on my part. Riding down to the Amashova and driving back on Sunday, so will be missing the live broadcast, and pretty much the whole WC week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too.. we have the Berg and Bush next weekend.. and yes I did think of selling our entry to watch worlds instead [emoji85] Edited by Gen

Will it be on Super Sport?

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

It bloody better be.. I am still trying to figure out how fast I need to ride day 2 of the BnB to he back home to hopefully watch the end of the race.. really hope the hot weather in Qatar will make for a later finish..and give me some time to get home[emoji85]

Let's also take a moment to appreciate the current world champ.. and what a year he has had ..[emoji122] [emoji122]

2662fa14761a7a82e8d252a1c3253823.jpg

Euro champ

Rainbow champ

World Tour champ

Hulk jersey

Flanders

Etc

And the coolest cat ????????????????