Specialized announce new Enduro for 2017

News bot

Specialized introduced the Enduro over a decade ago, and since then, it’s gone from a disruptive, slightly misguided outsider to an industry-leading benchmark for the modern trail bike. And in a relatively short amount of time, it established a new standard of rider expectations for what a trail bike should be. Fast-forward 10 years, and you’re looking at a bike with a trophy case that would make anyone jealous. Today, the all-new Enduro does it all, from steep, root-laden climbs to white-knuckle descents, taking it all in stride.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. With current pricing I'll probably have to sell my elbows too

You need them for steering. Sell a kidney and one lung. Can get buy with the rest :-)

You need them for steering. Sell a kidney and one lung. Can get buy with the rest :-)

I had pneumonia in one lung (fortunately not both) and the first couple of rides after that was a study in Humility.

I'll rather rude a cheaper bike with one kidney than an sworks with one lung. I think the Enduro expert will do

• Oversized Bearings & Hardware—Increased demands on bikes called for stouter bearings and hardware. The new links house larger bearings and hardware to increase bearing life and balance, as well as the handling characteristics of the chassis.

All bearings the same size.

Threaded BB—You asked for it, and we delivered. This means that you’ll get longer bearing life and no more creaks. :clap:

I wonder if they will allow one for long term testing ..... say for training and completion of a loooooooong bike ride ? :whistling: :whistling:

You mean the "Ride From Now Until Late 2017-ish MTB Challenge Stage Race"? My request is pending too, will let you know how it goes!

Spaz pioneered the long and slack trail bike before any of the late Johnnies like Giant and SC et al. My 2011 has 477mm reach in XL and a 66.5 h/a which was revolutionary at the time. They have slackened them out a bit but the reach numbers are still lagging the 2011 figures. As for short chainstays (which are not the be all and end all of a good bike IMO), my bikes are 412mm because its a 26er :-) 

That said, I'd love the new one, in 29, nogal. I am not convinced by the 2.6 tyres on the 650b - Graves had an awful EWS on them with two flats. How, in this day and age can a rider be expected to test new tyres on an important EWS race. I am willing to bet that had he been on Minion 2.4's he would have been in the top three, but who knows. 

mine is shorter than yours, mine ends dec 6th 2015....so not as much wear and tear as you... and I ride muuuuch slower than you.