Bike Check: James Reid's Olympic Specialized S-Works Epic

Nick

We managed to squeeze in some snaps of James's Specialized S-Works Epic Torch Edition between the time team mechanic JP Jacobs completed the build and James Reid picked up the bike before leaving for Rio.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the rumours are true, 2017 Specialized bikes don't come standard with RS-1 forks anymore.

Interesting to see that Kulhvey and Anneke are on RS-1 forks.

All in all a really great looking machine and sure James will do it justice.

no RS-1? Interesting...

I believe the new SID is lighter than the RS-1 and early reports suggest that the performance is pretty good too.

So the rumours are true, 2017 Specialized bikes don't come standard with RS-1 forks anymore.

Interesting to see that Kulhvey and Anneke are on RS-1 forks.

All in all a really great looking machine and sure James will do it justice.

This bike is a custom build for James. I wouldn't read too much into it for the retail models.

I believe the new SID is lighter than the RS-1 and early reports suggest that the performance is pretty good too.

If this was really the case, why would they have their best candidate (JK) for a win on the heavier option? 

Where is Gen?, she loves the changing paint job of the Spez for Rio ;)

Here here.

The one sworks helmet also changes colour.. complete mind (you know what)[emoji6]

Edited by Gen

No flaming paint job will make up for the fact that it is a Spez. :whistling: :ph34r:

Until Sagan gets on it.[emoji12]

According to the SRAM website: SID World Cup - 1366g; RS-1 1666g.

I'm not sure Jaroslav will ride an RS-1 in Rio. Here's a video of him without one in training:

So my Reba (1662G) is "lighter" than a fancybutt RS-1 (1666g)? Apart from the appeal (it really has that drool factor..) what's the point of the RS-1 again?