Bike Check: James Reid's Olympic Specialized S-Works Epic

Nick

If this was really the case, why would they have their best candidate (JK) for a win on the heavier option? 

RS1 is far stiffer. Ride one and you'll instantly know what I mean.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The weight saving game is mind blowing to me , uses titanium bolts but also drills holes in the centre to make them MORE light weight ....not sure I would risk a snapped bolt in the olimpic race even if it saves .00098 of a gram per bolt 

RS1 is far stiffer. Ride one and you'll instantly know what I mean.

I'll have to take your word for it, way above my pay-grade to own one.

The weight saving game is mind blowing to me , uses titanium bolts but also drills holes in the centre to make them MORE light weight ....not sure I would risk a snapped bolt in the olimpic race even if it saves .00098 of a gram per bolt 

Lots of the top guys will run 3 Ti rotor bolt so save weight.

I think RS had to come out with something to match the lightweight Fox that others are on.

Cool to see him getting some of the international treatment.

Lots of the top guys will run 3 Ti rotor bolt so save weight.

I have for years. Never a problem. Read years ago that Geoff Kabush does it, and he isn't a small chap. If is works for him, guess what.

Here here.

The one sworks helmet also changes colour.. complete mind (you know what)[emoji6]

Some say that there are a limited number of these helmuts and pairs of skoens available at your local Spaz outlet... I know of at least one Spazhole in the East Rondt with a helmut.

Even though I won't use it nearly as much as the price tag would warrant, that's one bit of tech I reaaaally want to get hold of.

Agreed, I would love to have one and fiddle but cannot justify the price tag and maintenance that comes with it...