2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour entry applications open on Wednesday

Nick

With the same water stops and the same amount of papers in the goodie bag :(

Seems rather expensive for me this year. Last year i said to myself that i wouldn't enter because it was super expensive, this year its even more crazy.

Is it only me, but I think the PPA misrepresented the procedure when requesting our membership renewal.

"PPA MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS 2015-2016

Your PPA membership fees are due on 1 July 2015. Paid-up PPA members will again be given the chance to enter the 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour before entries open for the general public. Make sure you are on the ‘paid-up PPA members’ database’ and pay your subs during July to get your invite to enter the 2016 Cycle Tour early.

It did not mention anything about club 21 or more than 21 races.

I would like comment please

Is it only me, but I think the PPA misrepresented the procedure when requesting our membership renewal.

Your PPA membership fees are due on 1 July 2015. Paid-up PPA members will again be given the chance to enter the 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour before entries open for the general public. Make sure you are on the ‘paid-up PPA members’ database’ and pay your subs during July to get your invite to enter the 2016 Cycle Tour early.

So PPA membership is dropping (not surprised, as there ROAD members, get a very short end of a stick) - so they send misleading emails using the Cape Town Cycle Tour (a ROAD event) to get members to join.

They spend money on MTB events consistently and not nearly enough money on ROAD funrides, thus the massive drop off of road funrides and ZERO leagues for the past year. Well that my opinion and thus I did not renew my PPA membership this year after been a member for 30 plus years.

PPA members do not go into the lottery, you get a guaranteed ticker when the 5 days closes.

So PPA membership is dropping (not surprised, as there ROAD members, get a very short end of a stick) - so they send misleading emails using the Cape Town Cycle Tour (a ROAD event) to get members to join.

They spend money on MTB events consistently and not nearly enough money on ROAD funrides, thus the massive drop off of road funrides and ZERO leagues for the past year. Well that my opinion and thus I did not renew my PPA membership this year after been a member for 30 plus years.

Well the PPA One tonner was only R150 for PPA members, when last did you see that value :P I

Well the PPA One tonner was only R150 for PPA members, when last did you see that value :P I

I only put the Cape Town Cycle tour entry in my one thread to show NO membership discount. I think R510 for full closed road round he Cape Town cycle tour route is very well priced. Other events round the world of this nature would attached a far higher price tag.

To pay R150 for a coke on non closed roads and been told by Think bike marshals for 160km to to stay left - I can go ride my bike alone and have lunch!!

Edited by Icycling

.................... I think R510 for full closed road round he Cape Town cycle tour route is very well priced. Other events round the world of this nature would attached a far higher price tag..................

This is how I also feel!

You have to wonder if this is still worth it

You don't have to wonder. It is not worth it.

Less of everything - even straw bales.

I keep on doing it because I have done so many (consecutive)