2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour entry applications open on Wednesday

Nick

No response yet from PPA about misleading advertising ?

Might have serious case for Consumper protection act for false advertising.

No response yet from PPA about misleading advertising ?

Might have serious case for Consumper protection act for false advertising.

You get a guaranteed entry if you read the correspondence, there is no lotto for PPA. You enter in the coming week,  when it closes you get your entry. You pay, you train, you ride. Happy Chappy.

You get a guaranteed entry if you read the correspondence, there is no lotto for PPA. You enter in the coming week,  when it closes you get your entry. You pay, you train, you ride. Happy Chappy.

Yes, that what the emails said to entice renewals,  but latest posts on FB says no gaurentee. So either there PR guys don't know what going on (or very poor written english) or we all was suckered.

Are people only joining PPA to get a Cape Town Cycle tour entry?

Does not surprise me - but is that a valid reason to make PPA look strong by their membership base - when as a cycling association they NOW do precious little for road cycling, in comparison to the amount of funds they receive from road cycling.

Edited by Icycling

Yes, that what the emails said to entice renewals,  but latest posts on FB says no gaurentee. So either there PR guys don't know what going on (or very poor written english) or we all was suckered.

i got the mixed messages too. initial correspondence suggested a guaranteed invite AND ticket into the event. But the latest missive suggests its still a lottery for PPA members.

In fact, the latest missive sounds very much like the letter sent last year. Then, it was very clear from the get-go that it was a lottery for PPA members as well.

Now suggest if you NOT a member, you get in:

I think PPA seriously need to get there PR sorted

From Facebook:

If you hadn't been a PPA member, you would have had 10 months of free membership with the guarantee of a 2017 Cycle Tour entry slot.You would have been able to access all the benefits that are listed on the website,as a free member.

Now suggest if you NOT a member, you get in:

I think PPA seriously need to get there PR sorted

But if you read the actual post it says once application process closes, within 24 hours you will receive your entry. If not you can mail them and they will sort it out. 

Relax as a 50% shareholder of the CTCTT I am sure PPA gets a preference.

But if you read the actual post it says once application process closes, within 24 hours you will receive your entry. If not you can mail them and they will sort it out. 

Relax as a 50% shareholder of the CTCTT I am sure PPA gets a preference.

I'm relaxed (to late to stress)

For "large association" they really need to up there game.  :unsure: 

Agreed, their PR looks like its done by a tannie in between her bingo games. 

They did not even use a hash tag :P

Hopefully Wayde van Niekerk doesn't read this post.... :devil:  :ph34r:  :whistling:

Hopefully Wayde van Niekerk doesn't read this post.... :devil:  :ph34r:  :whistling:

He will be too busy celebrating with his coach in Jamaica that improved his time by .62 of a second in 4 weeks...   :devil:  :ph34r:  :whistling: